Thread: HELP! Just found DS in the bathroom!!

Exclamation HELP! Just found DS in the bathroom!!

I couldnt find Ds and he was in our bathroom, in the shower! We always have the door closed but Dh left it open
    I dont think he has eaten anything but he puts everything in his mouth!

should i take him to the Dr? Or do you think he will be ok?

Peach Guest

smell his mouth .. it will have a distinct smell if he has eaten anything smelly like soap ..

He should be fine. Maybe keep an eye on him if you think he may have swallowed something.

Thanks girls! This is the first time anything like this has happened! We have mainly natural shampoo etc in bottles on the floor, but Dh has head and shoulders and i hope he didnt put that in his mouth, thats the one i am worried about! He seems fine though! Will keep an eye on him!

thank you so much again xx

Smile

I'd just keep an eye on him also unless your sure it put something in his mouth.
    Snoopea

Hi Amber

This might reassure you - a few weeks ago DP found DD in the bathroom waving the toilet brush around like she'd found the greatest thing ever. I don't know what your toilet brush is like but mine is pretty gross and it sits in water that drips off it after cleaning the toilet with disinfectant. Anyhow, I was pretty worried that she may have ingested poo and/or disinfectant. So I phoned the nurse helpline thingy and they said this is VERY common and if I wanted some further reassurance to call the Poisons Helpline who also told me that it was very unlikely that she would be adversely affected. All they really advised was to watch for redness in and outside the mouth and give her water to flush (pardon the toilet pun) anything nasty out.

So I'd just keep an eye on things but I wouldn't be making a doctor's appointment unless you see anything untoward.

By the way, I've now put a latch on the outside of the bathroom door as it's impossible to babyproof the entire room. That's well and truly scuppered her!

I rang the Poisons line once because I was pretty sure Izzy ate some soap from the floor of the shower(yes we do clean it! ) Anyway the guy said she would have to eat a massive amount for it to be really bad, and the worst that would happen was that she would throw up a bit.
    I'm sure he will be fine!

Fiona thats what i was worried about too! the tiolet brush is so gross! I thought for sure when i saw him in htrer thats what he would have had! what sort of latch did you get?
    Tan Thank god izzy was ok! Its so hard to watch them ALL the time hey!

thanks girls x

Amber, I'm also sure he's fine. I agree with Tan, they really have to drink a whole bottle of shampoo for anything serious to happen and while shampoo is not sweet and does not taste like chocolate I doubt that they get much in. They probably just taste it, and on the other hand, their little tummies will surely chuck this weird stuff out. It's different with stuff like bleach or toiletcleaner ... but licking the toiletbrush (how gross it may sound) won't harm them. Look at it like this ... if your dog can drink out the bowl and not get sick (actually like it)... surely it's not that bad for a infant to lick a toilet brush

The bathroom is dd's favorite place .. hell for mommy, but dd just loves flushing the toilet (and checking inside) and placing dirty underwear in weird places through-out the house.

I have "childproof" my bathroom by NOT having any cleaning stuff in there, but stashed in the kitchen behind lock and key. Also the toiletbrush and bin is on the windowsill ... not always possible in every bathroom, but in mine it's a lifesaver. All shampoo and soap are on shelves in the shower.

The only thing I have a problem with atm is the toiletpaper. She is not eating any ... yet, but hell, it's such a mess (and waste) when she is through with a roll!!

Hi Amber - I just got a very simple hook and eye type latch. DP said it was about $2. I think he just got it from the supermarket.