Thread: Help - Lost Teddy Bear!!!

Default Help - Lost Teddy Bear!!!

OMG - I'm a mess. DS is VERY attached to his teddy bear and we've somehow lost him this afternoon!!!! I'm beside myself and he's not a very happy little boy! Thankfully, he's asleep now and hopefully we'll get through the night but I don't know what to do!! Sometimes he won't even drink his bottle without 'Ted' (although he's 13.5 months now and totally on cows milk, so it's not too bad). God knows how I'll get him to go down for his day sleeps though - and god help us when he goes to day care next Tuesday. OMG, how could I let this happen. I'm a total mess - it's not fair that my gorgeous boy has to go through this. I feel like I'm over-reacting enormously but I just can't help it. I miss teddy, so god knows how hard it's going to be for DS. I've tried looking for another one the same and haven't had any luck.

Has anyone else had this happen and how did you get through it??

Have you just been at home....?

DD1 hides her doll that she cant sleep without and then forgets where she hid it...to often!

I tried a replacement doll...but its not the same to her so i have a careful eye on this doll now and the rules are its not to leave her bedroom!

Have you looked everywhere possible? Sometimes it helps if you say 'DS wheres Ted, where did you put him' and hopefully he knows where it could be.

Perhaps introduced a new bear that way when Ted returns DS will have 2 comforts?

My DD uses to have 'shays' and when she lost her final blanket she wouldn't settle without it. We just went through everything we had at home and found a fluffy dog that suited the purpose. He never got lost (been around for 15 years) and the rule was he couldn't leave the house.

I feel your pain. Just go through everything and see what if he'll take something else or let him choose a new bear tomorrow.

I know it won't be easy to replace but try having a few circulating for when this happens, i've definately learnt the hard way. You could also try washing the 'ted' or replacment 'ted' a few times to get a bit of homely smell in it and some say it might be helpfull to sleep with it yourself and get your smell on the 'ted'. If he really is gone it may mean a few nights of needing a fair bit of help to settle but hopefully he'll adapt to another. Good luck

By the way i know the heartbreak you a feeling, i felt the same when DS lost his tedda.