Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Nap-time issues

my 19 month old goes down for his nap at 12 pm till 2 pm then bed at 7 pm. I give him his lunch at 11.30 am and then a bottle. He wakes up in the morning at 7am. Hope this resolves for you very soon. x

Well yesterday was a disaster... she had that 20 minute nap on me in the morning, then cracked it as soon as I tried to move her into her cot. After lunch I laid in my bed with her for an hour without success, and tried again numerous times through the afternoon different ways to try to get her to sleep. By dinner time she was so tired she was stopping anywhere and everywhere to put her head down, she even lay on the cold tiles for a minute because she was so exhausted! I gave her her bedtime bottle at 8pm and she fell asleep on it, and is still asleep now. All in all I spent over 4 hours yesterday trying to get her to have a nap. So frustrated!

But.... today is a new day and maybe she'll cooperate!

Default Help! Nap-time issues

Do you have a carrier you could try popping her in? That's my other fail-safe - going for a walk with DD in the carrier always sends her off eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Balmaingal View Post
    Do you have a carrier you could try popping her in? That's my other fail-safe - going for a walk with DD in the carrier always sends her off eventually!
    I have a sling but she's always too busy trying to get out of it and play... might try it today though when she gets tired, she has fallen asleep in it before so it may just do the trick. Thanks

Thanks so much for all your advice.... I've had some success! Yesterday I was able to get her to have a 2 hour nap, but not until 2pm... today however she had a 2 hour nap at 12 noon

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. She goes to bed at 8pm every night, and was waking briefly at 8am briefly but then falling back asleep for another hour, which I was letting her do. Today I got her up when she woke up at 8am instead of letting her sleep longer, moved her lunch forward to 11am and then by 12 she was showing early signs of being tired so I popped her into her cot and she went to sleep within minutes with less than a minute of complaining.

So yay! Hopefully this continues She has been much happier yesterday & today after having proper naps.

Quote Originally Posted by ttc2 View Post
    Thanks so much for all your advice.... I've had some success! Yesterday I was able to get her to have a 2 hour nap, but not until 2pm... today however she had a 2 hour nap at 12 noon

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. She goes to bed at 8pm every night, and was waking briefly at 8am briefly but then falling back asleep for another hour, which I was letting her do. Today I got her up when she woke up at 8am instead of letting her sleep longer, moved her lunch forward to 11am and then by 12 she was showing early signs of being tired so I popped her into her cot and she went to sleep within minutes with less than a minute of complaining.

So yay! Hopefully this continues She has been much happier yesterday & today after having proper naps.
    ... yay for you.... oh and BTW where do i buy a toddler that sleeps til 8am?

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Zarava Flutterby ~ View Post
    ... yay for you.... oh and BTW where do i buy a toddler that sleeps til 8am?
    She has slept 12 hours a night since 5 weeks old, excluding the odd night when teething. Mum tells me i'm very lucky and that this next baby will be a holy terror to make up for it I think DD just knows DH works away from home so she cuts me some slack and allows me to sleep.

DD1 always slept quite well from a young age but she's always been an early waker, up and out of bed by 7, but she was generally in bed by 7.
    Now she's going to bed by say 8 and up by 7 still, normally about 6ish.. think it's cos thats when DP goes to work and stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Zarava Flutterby ~ View Post
    DD1 always slept quite well from a young age but she's always been an early waker, up and out of bed by 7, but she was generally in bed by 7.
    Now she's going to bed by say 8 and up by 7 still, normally about 6ish.. think it's cos thats when DP goes to work and stuff though.
    I was actually thinking of getting DD in bed earlier for when the new baby is born. I just know at night babies have their unsettled time ( I know DD did!) and am thinking that at night when i'm at the end of my tether with no one here to help me it might be easier if DD was in bed so I can just deal with the new baby... do you think that I should move her forward to say 7pm, knowing she'll be up at 7am, or just leave her routine how it is?

Maybe leave it how it is, if the day nap starts working then i say stick with it.
    DD1 goes to bed now about 8, sometimes later and i find it easier, we have tea about 6 - 6:30 then a bath etc then i feed DD2 to sleep then DD1 has cuddles with DP or I and then bed.. works well.
    I find she also helps DD2 settle, she keeps her occupied.

Yay!!! That is great news xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12