Thread: HELP - Sleep issue

Default HELP - Sleep issue

Hi all

I hoe I am posting htis inthe right forum.

I am feeling rather irrational (LOL) at the moment and am at a loss what to do!

My DS1 has always been a fairly good sleeper and normally wakes about 6.30 (which I was fine with) and has a bottle (we were going to break the morning bottle habit at 3 years). Anyway since daylight saving started and I am not saying this is the reason why the following is happening but he has started to wake between 4.30 and 5.30 - normally closer to 4.30 and has been demanding a bottle and when I say no to try and string him out and get him to go back to sleep he gets upset. My DH is away at the moment and has been for nearly the past 6 weeks and DS2 is still having at least one wake up during the night and quite often when DS1 wakes it wakes DS2 so I feel like i am running on empty and I dont know what to do about it. I cannot function like this. Any suggestions how i can get DS1 to sleep in a bit longer and stop demanding a bottle at some ungodly hour! Do I just let him cry or do I go in and reason with him - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jem

HI Jem,

I'm sorry to hear that the normal routine of things has turned upside down. Why do they do that to us?!?!?!?!

I have been in a similar situation and the best advice from a wise friend was, "do what you can to survive!". At the moment sleep is more important than bottle routines which you can tackle when DH comes home. Then there is 2 of you to share the load. Realistically, it doesn't take long to break a new habit and at least you may be able to get some rest now. Your physical and psychological well being is the major issue and him having a bottle earlier won't cause too much damage except that you still have to get up and make it!!!!

I hope they sleep in tomorrow for you

Lynnette x

Hi Jem

PS: if you can tell me how to reason with a 2 year old, I'd love to read that thread! lol

Lynnette x