Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Temps for 3 days

It fluctuated... on and off and today he seems fine. I gave him teething calm last night as well as panadol as it got quite high and I thought I could feel a tooth... Who knows if that was it or something else?

And :P Debbie LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

Darn teeth, hey?
    So glad he's ok tho.

Yeah me too! I'm never ever going to that Dr again... he made me feel like an idiot for even suggesting teeth, and it very well could have been it!

Thanks Debbie Gaby had lots of trouble with teething didn't she?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Debbie Lee Guest

Any doctor worth his salt knows that teething can cause all kinds of things... we just don't know it's teething until those teeth appear then it's too late! That's the frustrating thing. Poo to that doctor for making you feel stupid... doctors like that need to go and have some lessons on listening to mother's instincts... grrr!

Yep... Gab has had some pretty bad teething episodes. Up until she was 12 months she coped SO well. When her eye teeth came in ... OMG! She really struggled! Poor little chook.
    Plus... I reckon when in pain from teething, kid's immune systems are lower so they tend to get colds etc. at the same time (of course making everything worse!).

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Lee View Post
    Plus... I reckon when in pain from teething, kid's immune systems are lower so they tend to get colds etc. at the same time (of course making everything worse!).
    I totally agree! Very annoying!

*hugs*
    Cailin

NewmumLou Guest

Cailin- you would never believe Josh has had high temp throughout the night and diahrea all yesterday! Similar to little Seth. I think it may be a teething thing as Josh keeps rubbing his eyes and ears and dribbling so much, i have been keeping up the panadol and he seems to be sleeping a lot more than usual... so i think it may be working! Glad to hear Seth is ok!

I'm sorry to hear that Lou! I hope Josh is feeling better soon. Poor little tike! When Seth was cutting at teeth at 6 mths I gave him cold things to chew on and it seemed to help. Unfortunately he hates cold things now...

*hugs*
    Cailin

I'm glad he's feeling better today Cai!

I completely agree that teething can cause fevers... Aidyn used to get raging fevers when he was teething, it was horrible.

I was talking to mum about this today. she said that one one the guys at her works baby cross cut 4 teeth at once, and as a result of the temps etc that it caused he had to be *hospitalised*.

any doctor who says teething doesn't cause temperatures is off his or her rocker IMO.

Hi Cailin , Kaitlyn had the same thing when she was 11month. She was lethargic and had really high temps. On the third day we went to the hospital as she was not spending anytime awake so were worried. After 8hours at the hosp trying to catch a wee(took 5hours with nappy off and a cup watching and waiting as she was so dehydrated) . Anyway fever broke and then the next day she woke up with a TERRIBLE cold which lasted for about a week ...so perhaps he is trying to fight something off and it will either work or he will come down with something..so hard to know though!! Fevers are such a worry.

Does he seem ok otherwise?

And arghhh teething doesnt cause temps ...thats what people say when they have not had children who teeth with temps!

Hope your little man is doing better this afternoon.

I was thinking about you this morning & Seth. How frustrating when you don't know what it is!! I remember last year just before Christmas, Matilda had 4 days of really high temps & I had blood tests done & wee tests etc etc and then on the 5day the temp disappeared & the rash appeared. Textbook roseola.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12