Thread: Hills Parenting Centre at Castle Hill

Default Hills Parenting Centre at Castle Hill

I'm curious to know whether any parents have attended a day stay at The Hills Parenting Centre. I have been referred there for advice on getting Joshua to self settle. Havent made a call to book yet. Any positive/ negative experiences?

yep I have. Worst $350 bucks I've ever spent.

They do controlled crying - harldy felt controlled to me.
    I was at the worst in my PND when I went there and my marriage was collapsing. THey told us that I had to smarten up and we had to sort our marriage out. We were making out baby like this.
    Then the peadiatrician they have linked to the centre tells you it's perfectly natural for a baby to cry until they vomit and to either leave them or not make a fuss - like hell!! and she had 3 and another on the way....all it did was make me sad for her kids.

They said you had to follow up 2 days later - but by then they had closed for Christmas and they never made any effort to ring me or contact me to check how i was going.

We were referred to them. Our experience wasn't quite as bad as the previous poster's, but they do essentially do controlled crying and we didn't find it worked for us.

I sensed they did controlled crying. I feel that isnt the right thing for Joshua so wont call them..unless someone has a really positive story!