Thread: hipod carseats

marysmum Guest

Smile hipod carseats

HI!

I need to buy a convertible carseat for my 3 month old who has just hit 8kg....

I'm looking at the Hipod Madrid or SIenna.
    Has anyone used these before?
    They look good and did well in the last tests and are so much cheaper than most of the Safe n Sound ones.
    Just interested to know what you think of them and if they are a tall seat?
    How long did your bub last rearward facing?
    and forward facing?

Sorry for he ramble and thanks in advance!

We bought the Madrid as it was on the cheaper side and still looked safe. Danielle's about 8kg and 65cm long and she's still facing backwards. I think she'll be there for a couple of months still as her shoulder isn't above the shoulder strap entry point and her feet aren't on the back seat yet but the shoulder strap is on the highest one before you need to flip it around. I'm not sure if it's a tall seat or not. Danielle is in proportion for weight and height. I think we'll be able to use it for a very long time.

lindie Guest

Hi Marysmum,

My mum works at target where they sell these and they look great to me, but after 3 kids I always stick with the safe n sound as they are an oldie but a goodie, But by all means have a quick websearch, all looks good and they are really a snazzy looking little seat really classy!

I think they are quite sound and any brand new car seat has to be safe, Australia has the most rigorous testing for child restraints!

Cheers and good luck!

lindie