Thread: hmm.. interesting re Blue Book

Default hmm.. interesting re Blue Book

Just having a look through the blue book (inspired by the other thread about percentiles hehe).. and I saw that there is a 2yr check. (I didn't take DS to the 18 mth one.. so I figure I better do this one in case there's something I'm missing!)

Anyway... there's a question there: Feeding - Since this time yesterday, did (child) receive breastmilk?

I wonder if this is them collecting stats? or is there some other follow up questions not listed in the book? Why would they want to know?

So I then optimistically looked at the 3 year check, but breastfeeding isn't mentioned.

Anyway.. thought it was interesting that they ask this question at the 2yr check

hmm... ok, I was looking at Kayla's blue book actually, and it's different to Tallon's! His is the 18mth check (up to 22 mths) and then a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 yr check.. no mentions of breastfeeding. So it must be a new thing in the new book!

Sorry.. what a rambling post LOL. If you bothered to read it - well done to you! LOL.

I think that's great that they included it in the 2yr check, most of our dr stopped asking at 6 mth

I think its great also. It would be interesting to know if it is for statistics.

Claire is only 1 and our ECHN asks whenever I see her (I have to go every few weeks so Claire can be weighed as she is really little). My blue book doesnt have any questions about breastfeeding excpet on the pages of questions for the birth and the 6-8 week checks. I think my blue book sounds the same as Tallons.

My two older girls (born 03' and 06') have the 'older' style blue book. Yet Sam has the newer one. (i find the newer one more confusing...LOL). So its only been brought out in the last 18 months or so.
    Interesting point though....do they use the results they collect?