Thread: Holidaying with a 13 month old

Default Holidaying with a 13 month old

I want some HONEST advice about holidaying with a 13 month old. I'll post this in the holiday forums too.

My DH and I love to travel. We travelled so much before I fell pregnant with DD - it was 'us'. Since we've had DD, we've been to the east coast for a wedding and to introduce DD to family and friends. It wasn't really a holiday as most of the time we were catching up with people.

We are thinking about going on a holiday in October when DD will be 13 months old. Half of the trip (about 5 days) will be with friends at a holiday house where we'll be swimming, snorkelling and fishing. It will be relaxing and we will love it but I'd really like a '****tails by the pool' kind of holiday as well so we are considering going to a different destination for 5 days after there on our own and staying at a resort.

Now, for the honesty, am I kidding myself thinking it will be a holiday? Is it just the same stuff but different location or will I feel a little more relaxed just being in a warm place with a nice pool and a bar What do you do with your crawling or walking toddler at a resort? We're not looking for kids clubs either, just wondering how we relax (is it possible?!) while keeping DD happy and safe.

I want honesty and good advice guys, bring it on!
    Last edited by Taurean; July 28th, 2010 at 12:03 PM.

Subscribing -- I'm planning a four day break next month with what will then be a crawling and curious nine month old. I'm thinking it will feel like a holiday because 1. I won't have to go to work and 2. won't have to worry about the state of the house (including the washing up).
    DP is not keen to go away because he says it's too much mucking around to cart the baby's stuff around.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingtobebiginAsia View Post
    DP is not keen to go away because he says it's too much mucking around to cart the baby's stuff around.
    LOL! Men! This is DH's excuse some of the time too. Drives me nuts!

Moving my reply to my other thread which is in the holiday forum...http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...me-advice.html
    Last edited by Taurean; July 28th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.