Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to clean a little penis

It gets funner when they start telling you all about their 'strong' willies......!

Hun DS's first erection was 2 weeks old! A tad early I thought!!!
    They mostly are from needing a wee after he wakes up. Or from playing with it....ALOT! Lol!!
    He is 1 & I've never used anything at all in that area. The only times we've had any probs down there are when there IS soap around, so I don't use it on him.

As everyone else said. Don't pull it back. They should do that themselves anywhere from the age of 3 - 9.
    You can damage it if you do.

Ditto what everyone else has said. Your on the right track just by giving it a gentle wash and not pulling back the foreskin at all. I had heard that in many boys the foreskin will not physically be able to be pulled back until the boy is about 3 or even 4. I have 5 god sons and this was true with all of them.

With regard to erections, I learned early that if DS had one to quickly put the nappy back on as it usually meant he was about to wee . DS is now one and just started playing with it in the bath, he's a bit young but DH and I are already telling him to 'clean his penis' so it will be something he grows up hearing.

Yeah, my boys both get little erections all the time. Jackson always has one in the morning before he does a wee, could knock a lamp over with it. Leo's aren't quite as severe, but both have got them since birth - completely normal, and not sexual at all.

In regards to cleaning I just give Leo a good wipe after a nappy change. I lift his penis up because he can get a little "cheesy" in the crease where his prenis joins to his testes, but I never pull the foreskin back, and agree with everyone else that it is a big nono. Jackson is 4 and his foreskin has not retracted at all. I give their bits a good wash with soap in the bath each night and they have never had any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Tobily View Post
    Hey! Thanks for this one. Harry was walking along fine after a nappy change before and then he started screaching and demanding a new nappy. It was wet (he wont pee in a soiled nappy) and I was wondering what could possibly be wrong. It was fine when I changed him only a few minutes before hand. Got my answer now. Needs more water.

Thanks bunches!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca79 View Post
    With regard to erections, I learned early that if DS had one to quickly put the nappy back on as it usually meant he was about to wee
    Yep, it's usually my cue to grab a towel or a nappy quick!

Yes... The pee stiffee as I call it...

DS (9mo) has just discovered his penis, and now changing nappy time is getting even more exciting... Especially with poops...

In relation to cleaning, I occasionally notice a tiny red penis tip, so I just make sure to give it a good swish with water in the bath, and pop a tiny bit of cream round the edge of the penis, and it usually clears up overnight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12