Thread: How to contain a 3 month ol in her cot?!

Kirsty77 Guest

Default How to contain a 3 month ol in her cot?!

Hey girls

Am after some advice as Gemma is having issues in her cot! The last couple of nights we've noticed she's been turning herself all around in the cot. I put her down and when we check on her she's got a leg hanging out of the cot and is laying width ways across the cot!I never knew a bub this young could be cable of doing it!I was so funny, but had me really worried, we even took pictures which I will put on Gemma's website!

So how do I stop her from moving everywhere?She ended up doing a full 360 in her cot over the whole night!

Help..........

Melinda Guest

Jacob used to do the same thing and would get cold as he'd be out from under the blankets, so we put him in a sleeping bag. He still roams all over the cot.

I'm sure there are things you can buy that stop them from rolling over etc (like little roll-type things) if you want to do something like that. When Jacob first started doing this, we were having all sorts of problems with his sleep, but it was all developmental and just a stage that he went through. Now he rolls over and curls up and gets himself into all sorts of positions, but he just keeps on sleeping (most of the time!) LOL.

Kirsty77 Guest

We've tried the anti roll thing but she either wiggles out of it or it moves with her!The funny thing is she has limbs hanging out of the cot but doesn't wake up!She just keeps moving around!

Melinda Guest

You might like to check out this thread by Tegan on a Safety Wrap thingo - I think it holds the baby in place? That might be something to consider perhaps if you're worried?

Otherwise, if it's not disturbing her, I probably wouldn't worry too much about it - most babies do it.

HTH?

Pietta Guest

I had a bumper with Ryley but he still got under it- lol

He used to do that all the time and i just let him go- i would either put him in a sleeping bag (not approriate for now i kow) or i wiould just let him be until he woke from it.

They figure it all out soon enough dont worry!!

She'll let you know if she is cold or in pain

Yep we got the sleep wrap and she still uses it. We now use it to stop her climbing out of the cot! So it was well worth the money.

I started a thread called 'Rolling escaping baby' and was having the same trouble as you are with Gemma. In the end we didn't worry about it and have only just put up the side of the cot (Amy will be 6 mths old next week). You may want to check it out as some of the girls had some good advice. Amy has been in a Grobag since we stopped wrapping her about 10 weeks and it doesn't really matter where they go in the cot because they are always covered. Good luck!

Hi Kirsty - I hear ya! I have a picture of Hannah's arms and legs hanging out of her cot on her website. Pretty funny photo opportunity, but not funny when she continually woke herself up doing it! In the cooler months, the grobag seemed to do the trick for us. Now that it's hotter, Hannah is sleeping in her portacot a lot, which has mesh sides that don't wake her up when she bangs against them... If you have a portacot, it might be worth trying? Just an idea!

*Yvette* Guest

We don't, lol. Asha and Lauren are all over the place in their cot now and often have arms and legs hanging out. There can be dangers with bumpers & too much bedding in there, so we just let them be and separate them when they get tangled up in each other, lol.

Maddy was exactly the same, I just left her be, I made a sleeping bag thingy myself (well Mum sewed it!) But I bought lightweight material & so she was always warm, just popped her in that & she was fine, albeit all over the place!
    Indah is so different, as she just loves to lay still really & pull at her toes!?
    Indah is now rolling on to either side all the time, but not really moving much, but has started getting out of the swaddling, as I have done it looser due to the hotter weather!

I'd get a sleeping bag thingy & just let her be...