Thread: How to cool down

Default How to cool down

It's like 33 degrees here at the moment(feels like it) Humidity it well above 50% and we have no air conditioning or fans so how would i cool Lily down? She is sweating and is really irritated(so am i) i'd give her a cool bath but i don't want her to get a chill either?

just have her in a nappy, and maybe do a sponge bath every once in a while, and plenty of fluids

Have BTDT with my two we don't have a/c etc either.

Love

A tepid bath won't give her chills not only is it cooling but its fun!!!!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Bec Guest

Can you go to the shop where it is cooler? or if you have a/c in your car maybe go for a drive?

Bec

Thanks for all suggestions.

Maybe a good idea to get her into swimming lessons too? Just so she gets to be in a cool pool.

I remember during this weather last year I would put Aidyn in his little paddle pool full of cold water and we would play in there together... its just too hot to do much else! (and to think it only October - its going to get so much worse!!)

definately the wading pool!! Matilda loves it & I sit next to it with the phone & put my feet in its great

From living with Olivia in a very hot and humid Darwin, I would totally recommend the suggestions the girls have made. Anything to do with water, a drive in the car in the air con, a walk round an airconditioned dhopping centre...

Water is the best trick though.....a splash in a paddling pool/swimming pool/ bath.......cools their little core body temps down.......