Thread: How did that happen??

Default How did that happen??

I think DD fell off the bed last night

It was a bit weird though, I woke up because she was starting to cry (not a screaming cry, just a little sobbing) and she was on the floor almost a metre away from the bed, lying sideways to the bed, like someone had just taken her off the bed and placed her on the floor.

I thought I would have heard her thud onto the floor (we have floorboards) and our bed is fairly high so it would have hurt a lot and I would have expected her to start screaming, not act like she had just woken up. I feel so bad that I didn't realise, I normally sleep pretty lightly when she is in bed with me and I didn't even notice she wasn't next to me anymore. It doesn't seem to have affected her, I really thought it would have hurt a lot...poor bubba.

And of course all DF said was "well that's why she shouldn't be sleeping in our bed" Uh how many times has she been in our bed and this is the first time something has happened?!

Is there any chance maybe she got out of bed, fell asleep on the floor and really was just sooking cos she woke up?
    DD1 can get out of our bed, and often if she is REALLY tired we find her asleep in all sorts of weird places.

hun

I know I have found DS on the floor in his doorway and beside his bed, it's like he wakes up and get's out of bed but then is soo tired falls asleep where ever he is at the time. I have even found him asleep with his top half of his body on the bed and the other half kind of dangling down just touching the floor.

i'm with ZF - is there any way she could have managed to get out herself? DS has recently worked out the concept of turning around & getting out of bed feet first & while he started on his mattress on the floor, i watched him do it off our bed (while i was sitting next to him) last week. total spin out.

I guess it's possible that she could have gotten off herself, but she wears a grobag and I think our bed would be too high off the ground...when she's standing on the floor she can reach the bed frame, but the mattress is 10cm or so higher than that. When she wakes up she is wide awake too, there isn't any middle ground! I dunno..maybe I was dreaming