Thread: how do YOU burp bubs?

Default how do YOU burp bubs?

Hi all,
    Just wondering what gives you those award winning burps from bubs? What's your style?
    Me? I generally put Caty over my shoulder so her arms dangle down, then I pat her back.
    Or I sit her on my knees, hold her up via one hand on her belly, and use the other to pat her back...

exactly the same ast you Chocolatecatty. When I used to do it with Kameron the midwife actually told me i was being too gentle when patting.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Over my shoulder, same as you guys. I'm quite rough as Kathryn said the midwives show you how hard to do it and I was quite shocked!!

I used to just hand her over to DH when I could, he was so much better at burping her with his big hands. He would hold her around the tummy/chest and pat away. For me, I found it easier to put her against my chest, boob against her tummy and rub firmly up her back, focusing on her left side, that seemed to bring the burp up.

I used to sit Zander on my lap & hold with my left hand under his chin to hold his head up then pat him on the back. I was quite forceful & he seemed happy with it. My PIL on the other hand kept telling me someone would report me to DOCs one day for abuse LOL!

I think I did it mostly like sarah, or I'd do it over the shoulder, or laying down over my knees or I'd burp in the football hold if Seth was really uncomfortable.

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have Charlie's legs and bum between my legs and have him leaning over my leg with one arm holding his chest and the other patting his back. I used to just have him sitting on my leg with my hand under his chin but then i saw the childcare worker at the gym i go to doing the other way to him and it works so much better.

Pistol grip for me LOL thumb and forefinger under the chin, middle finger on chest, holding her back nice and straight. Nice firm pats. Their gut expels air better when it's nice and stretched. Working in NICU at least taught me one thing LOL.

I burp Jesse sitting on my lap as he's been known to be a chucka every now and then, but he can do some mighty burps... takes after his daddy!

Haven't got my bubby yet but when i worked in SCN I did it the same as Kim and it usually resulted in great burps. I learnt something too Kim!!