thread: How to give Probiotic??

Jul 2008
    Country VIC

How to give Probiotic??

Hi I have some Inner Health kids powder to give to Georgia its says on the jar to mix in some water or juice or give from the spoon. She is breastfed and not on solids and I dont think giving it on a spoon applies to babies. I have heard that you can put it on your nipples but I am not sure how to go about this. Do I express some milk onto nipples and add powder or is there another way. Or should I just mix it with a little water in a bottle. Would love to hear what others have done or do

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

When I did that with JJ, I would put a small amount on a spoon and mix it with EBM and then give it in a syringe. HTH!

May 2007
    Perth, WA

I tried it on the nipples way when DD was young but it was messy and I didn't feel that she was really getting it. I would mix it with water then smear it on the nipple. She was about 8 weeks old. In hindsight I should have just mixed it with cooled boiled water and given her half a teaspoon at a time. Use the thinnest smallest spoon that you have and just slowly drop it onto her tongue. The syringe also sounds like a good idea.

Jul 2008
    Country VIC

Thanks for the ideas, I tried mixed with water in bottle but she was not interested in that so I might have to try in a syringe.

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Fast Tract is an organic probiotic liquid, you just give 1ml via syringe for babies if you have that, but everyone else has shared some good ideas for powder. Good luck!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Jul 2008
    Country VIC

Thanks Kelly