Thread: How long between no.2 and no.3?

Default How long between no.2 and no.3?

Hi guys, just after some advice on how long to wait between No. 2 child and No. 3. My DH would like basically the same amount of time between them as there will be between the one brewing now and DS, so 18 months. I'm just wondering if its better to get them all out of the way (so to speak) because I'm only going to have three, and have No. 3 quite quick after No. 2.
    So I was after some opinions on when other people think is the best time for it. I didn't want to have a huge gap between them (my brother and sister are only two years apart, but there is 4.5years between my sister and so I think that is too much because I was never involved in anything they did, was too young) but is it too much to handle if I have three under the age of.. well.. three?
    Plus, I do realise that I am getting older, and didn't want to get too much into my 30's before realising that I wanted the third child, IYKWIM?
    Opinions please!!!!
    Ta

My first three were three under three, and hopefully my last three will be too!!! I actually regret the big gap between 3 and #4, but couldn't be helped!!(divorce)

I found it great. They are close, went to school just after each other, and got out of nappies sooner!! You really do just adjust. If your going to stay home with the bubs, then I say do it all together, rather than be on and off. I went back to work after #3, so had my "mummy" years, and then back to "work" years. Having a few years off, and just being there for all the bubs was just so great, and the kidlets really benefit.

It all depends on what works for your family unit. But I say go for it.... Not many people regret keeping their family close, but i do regret a big gap.

Havging #1 and #2 so close for me was perfect. We decided to have a little bit of a bigger gap between #2 and #3.....

IMO the closer the better...so much easier. Im not a fan of big gaps.

We have a 22mth gap between #1 and #2 (ideally it would have been more like 17mths between, but things don't always go as planned).

Between #2 and #3 we wanted around the same (18ish mths) but again, things don't go as planned and we are still waiting. If we were to get pg this cycle it would be a 2yr, 3mth gap. I'm hoping it happens soon as i don't really want a 3yr gap, i think that is too big as we want 5 kids before we're 30.

Personally i think it is up to you both on how you feel, but like i said, i think more than 3yrs between is too long for us.

I'm probably not the best qualified to comment (I have one DD at the moment!) but I would suggest that maybe see how you feel after having #2. There are always pros and cons to having them close or to having a bit of a break............good luck deciding!!

i have 19months b/w #2 and #3.
    29 months b/w #1 and #2.

Its hard work with all 3 of them at home....(i.e no one goes to school yet). Life is very busy, put it that way - lots of bottoms to change, lots of washing to do, and little time for me....but, in saying that, i could not imagine having a newborn and taking my oldest to school. Some days we dont get dressed till
    11am......there is simply no way i could get out the door with the three of them in order to send one to school....

i wanted all my children b4 33 years....i guess ive done that now.

29 months b/w #1 and #2.

Its hard work with all 3 of them at home....(i.e no one goes to school yet). Life is very busy, put it that way - lots of bottoms to change, lots of washing to do, and little time for me....but, in saying that, i could not imagine having a newborn and taking my oldest to school. Some days we dont get dressed till
    11am......there is simply no way i could get out the door with the three of them in order to send one to school....

29 months b/w #1 and #2.

sorry -= PC froze - triple post......mods can you delete x 2 of these pls.....

hi hon, we are not going to wait that long between no.2 and no.3, I discussed with my OB today about having c/section and she said as long as I conceive 6 months after my 2nd c/section it should be ok no risk to my scar and healing.

There is pretty much 2 years between all my babies - 21 mths between #1 and #2 and 25 months between #2 and #3. Will be looking at a similar gap between #3 and #4. Two year gaps just seem to suit us! I wouldn't want to go any closer than that.