Thread: How long can boy & girl share room?

Default How long can boy & girl share room?

Just wondering I have no idea what bub#2 is, boy or girl, but it got me thinking We currently have a 3 bedroom house, and if we stay here for a few years (hopefully!) then the kids will be sharing a room.

We are actually going shopping this afternoon to buy a bed for Tallon, and we were thinking we might as well buy bunk beds. We will get the kind that separate into 2 single beds so that we only have the one bed in there for now for Tallon, but then we already have the bunk ready to go when bub #2 is big enough.

So yeah - if this bub is a girl, what's a realistic time frame that they could share a room? Until about school age??

I shared with my brother for years - prob til i was about 8 - he was 6, then moved into my little sister's room. It was fine - we had fun Oh and we also had bunks (i got the top )

I can't remember how long we shared a room. There were my 2 oldest sisters in one room and the three yougest kids in the other... so it was for many years

Tanya

*las* Guest

I shared with my brother until we were about 7 I think and had no problems with it!

We too had bunks

My older 2 kids shared for a while, even though we have a 3 bedroom house, they were used to sharing... I'd say the max is when the oldest gets to around 10... then the oldest definitely needs his/her own privacy.

I would say 10 years for the older one too.

My brother & sister (16 months apart) shared for years. When we moved into a new house when they were 7 & 8 they had their own rooms, but mum would find them in the morning always in my sister's room sharing a bed!! They were so used to being together that they didn't like their separate rooms LOL! Mum then re-arranged & they were in the same room until my sister was around 10. I think that as well as the similarity in age helped them to still be best friends now at 22 & 21

Thanks everyone. Glad to know it's a good few years that I don't have to worry about it!

Well, we did go and buy bunk beds yesterday. Bit exciting They come apart into 2 separate beds as well, so one will be stored away ready to bring out later! yay!

Thanks everyone