Thread: How long do bubs sleep overnight?

Default How long do bubs sleep overnight?

I'm not talking "sleeping through" cos Zander still doesn't, I'm just wondering from what time to what time do bubs stay in bed? It seems as though all the babies get up alot earlier than Zander, so I'm wondering if they go to bed alot earlier than him as well.... I know all bubs are different & it doesn't really matter when they go to bed, I'm just curious as to what everyone does.

Generally Zander is in bed from 8.30 or 9.00 and he'll get up in the morning around abouts 9.30, but it can be anywhere between 9am & 10am. For me it's handy cos I would be up that late anyway, and in the mornings I get up at 7ish and can get stuff done in the few hours of the morning before he wakes up.

Hi Sarah,

Hannah's sleep routine used to be all over the place, but since sleep school we've settled into a more predictable pattern. She has her dinner and a bath around 5ish, and is in bed somewhere between 6pm and 7pm (she doesn't usually have an afternoon nap and is tired by this time). She wakes somewhere between 9pm and 11pm for a bf, and again at 3am for a bf. She wakes up at about 5am-ish. 630am if I'm really lucky. She's still waking at other times during the night occasionally - but I just pat her back to sleep at those times. Up until 5 months, she was waking 7 or 8 times a night...

Aww Juliette I sympathise with all those night wake-ups! Zander still wakes anywhere between one & four times a night. Most nights he only needs patting, singing etc but if it's a really hot night I'll give him a bottle if he's thirsty.

Hi Sarah

Alex's bedtime changes most days as it depends on how long he sleeps for at lunch time or what time he goes down for his sleep.

Last night he went to bed at 8pm and was awake at 6:30am.
    Today he went to bed at 8pm.

Most days he can be in bed anytime between 5 and 7pm and up between 6 and 7am. I think it doesn't help because Kimberley is always up early as well.

I must admit i do like him to be in bed early and i would love Kimberley to be in bed early as well but no luck when she has asleep during the day.

Aidyn is usually in bed by 7.30pm, and he usually wakes up from 6.30 - 7.30am.
    When he was younger he would go to bed a bit later, and would wake up later (like 9am!), but these days even if he goes to bed later it doesnt necessarily mean that he will wake up later...

About what age did it start getting earlier Ambah?

Matilda's been around 6-7pm and wakes between 5-6am O NOW LOL but the time frame started when she was around 4months.

Matthew goes to bed anytime between 7pm and 8pm and will get up in the morning anytime from 6am - 7.30am but of course he has a couple of feeds during this time, sometimes I`m lucky and he`ll sleep through but not often. if he does happen to sleep through he`ll wake around 6am.

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma is normally in bed by 7.30pm and sleeps right through till 5.30-7am.

Dominic usually goes to bed about 10pm and sleeps though til anywhere about 8.30 to 9.30am...Some mornings it is 6.30am though,but not very often....

Lily is like Zander. 8:30pm-9:00pm until about 9am-9:30am.

Jenna is about 7:30-8:30pm through til about 5am. Then she comes into bed for a feed, and we try to resettle her with us until about 7am. Doesn't always work...... We have had 3 early mornings (5:30-6) the last few days. ARGHHHHHHHH She's usually up til 10am, and then goes down for her morning nap.
    She'll often have a wakeup or two for a cuddle during the night.

Sounds like most bubs sleep around about 10-12hrs no matter when they go to bed.

Yep Eliza is down at 7.30 8pm and wakes from 5.30 to 7.30. We try to rebottle her and get her to sleep alittle longer. And then she goes down again 9.30 -10am

sarah, jackson has just started regularly sleeping through, he goes to bed at 8 and is now getting up about 7ish but then normally wants to go back to bed @ about 8.30 for a cat nap

Emma usually goes to bed at 10.30pm & wakes for a feed at 5.30am, then sometimes goes back down for a couple more hours, or up again at 6.30 or so. But I am also aware that it is all supposed to change at 3 months...... #-o

Melody Guest

Hunter is down by 6.45pm & then I give him a 'dream feed' (he doesn't wake for it anymore) @ 10pm. He sleeps from then (it takes about ten minutes) until 7am. Yes, i think a good twelve hours is the standard regardless of what time they go down.

At the moment Louis goes to bed around 7-7.30pm and wakes up at around 7am.

I usually feed him at around 10.30 for a dream feed and then he may wake anytime from 2.30-5am for a feed. He's now slept through once!!