Thread: How long does the food throwing last?

Default How long does the food throwing last?

I am a lil sick of cleaning up after DS meals.....Food on walls, floors, chairs, table, everywhere...This is usually his lunch meal and snacks.

I know i need to lighten up, but really...how long does this stage last?? ( we have told him time and time again not to do it...but its not sinking in)

Its not that he doesnt want what is served up to him, as he has some, then throws some, then eats more, then throws some more again.

I didnt dream that feeding time would be this hard!!!! Aggghhh

Just want to hear your stories really!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hmmm Gemma's a bit younger than your DS but boy she can make such a mess as well. I'm forever cleaning stuff off her toys tables chairs hand prints on the walls, not to mention as I'm heading off to work and realise shes wiped her face, including snot on my shirt! Ewwww!!

Oh and I find food shes stashed around the house!LOL

LOL, stashing it around the house!!! DS hasnt done that yet!!

I just want to stress, that its no accident , he is full on throwing food from his plate, sometimes to the other side of the room!!!

Maria enjoys the bowl on the head routine especially on childcare days.

I am happy to confirm it lasts until they are about 3 then it's the make me eat it routine!

oh no Jess!!!

DS here loves to throw food too. Usually the bits he doesn't want are thrown on the floor. I try and encourage him to put it on the side of his plate or on another plate and that works sometimes... for a little while...

I feel like the local slave getting on hands and knees after a meal and cleaning up the mess!

Get a dog, it makes all the difference! Our two dogs love it when Amy throws her food.