Thread: How long does it last?

Default How long does it last?

Ok, Evan has hit a new "phase" I call it "Look at me I have a penis!"
    He is being so dirty with it! Not dirty as in rude but just plain dirty, Like peeing on the toilet seat or trying to wee in the soap dish while in the bath!
    Now I know its a normal thing for little boys to "discover" themselves & while I obvioulsy don't encourage him to play with it, I don't go off at him or make him feel bad about playing with his doodle but what do I do about this new "being a grot!"thing? My bathroom stinks of wee because he is peeing on the seat or missing the bowl etc.

I don't know how helpful I can be, since I don't have a boy, but I guess you could try to enforce the idea that wee belongs ONLY in the toilet. I've heard from some friends with boys that putting a cheerio in the toilet for them to aim at is pretty effective in keeping little boys from spraying all over the seat, etc. (now if only something would keep big boys from doing that..... )
    Hope this helps!

omg...lol....some thing for me to look forward to....i have no idea either as i have a daughter and 8 month old boy so he isnt up to that yet....ill be keeping an eye on this page to see what ppl say....good luck lol....cant help lol as im thinking when my son Callum does find his!!!!

Missy

The main problem is he is doing it on purpose. I actually busted him trying to wee in the soap dish & when I said Don't you dare! his reply was "Íh I thought you couldn't see!" Little bugger! He hasn't done it for a day or so, so hopefully I am getting through to him.

LOL oh good luck!!!!

Sorry FJ, I think weeing in the soap dish is funny! Grotty, but funny!

Maybe - if he can hold on a bit once he gets there - get him to roll one square of toilet paper into a ball and drop it in for his target? Just an idea. Hope it helps

Oh I had trouble not laughing when I busted him too! I spend alot of my time when I am meant to be being serious, tyring not to laugh. I like the the idea of the toilet paper though.
    I had trouble keeping a straight face in Woolies once when he yelled back at me on the top of his lungs "WELL POO TO YOU!!!"

lol...they say the funniest things and trying to keep a straight face is so hard....

LMAO that is so funny about the PINGPONG ball...Its a great idea.

Yep, Evan went to pee in the shower the other day after I told him to go to the toilet before getting in the bath. Its all in the same room yet he still was just gonna wee in the shower!

tiggy Guest

I don't want to get hailed down for child labour or anything but I was having real trouble with my foster boys peeing up the wall in the toilet. I asked them repeatedly to stop it but they kept on doing it.
    In the end I told them the next time I found pee up the wall, they would be cleaning it up. They did too and they never did it again.
    I guess it was not nice seeing it from my point of view (having to clean up stinky urine day in and day out).
    They were a bit older than your boys though FJ
    Anyhow, my mum used the pingpong and it worked for my brothers.
    The other thing I wanted to let you know was that a quick wipedown with diluted kero gets rid of the urine smell.

NewmumLou Guest

Ha that is so funny..... sorry i know it would be frustrating but how cheeky is he!
    I am sure my little one will one day be doing that to me.... and i will think of you then~
    When i use to toilet train boys at kindy i use to put a pingpong ball in the toilet (it doesnt flush down) and tell them aim for it, it creates a fun and clean way of the boys to learn.

The thing with Evan is, it isn't a "training" problem. Its purly a look what I can do with this! I was thinking the ping pong ball would create a new "aim" for his new found hose. But then I remembered DH hasn't the best bowel so that would just be gross! TMI I hate going in after him & seeing skid marks on the bowl! Could you imagine it with a floating ball in there! YUK!
    Never knew that about using Kero!, Although wouldn't that leave just as yuk a smell?

tiggy Guest

No, surprisingly, there is no smell.
    The urine and the kero kind of rule each other out.

mmmm might have to try it, the disenfectant is getting rid of the smell. I don't understand why!

No you use a cornflake in the dunny and they do target practice on that!
    :-)

Try putting a ping pong ball in the toilet for him to aim at or let him know there are places where he can wee creatively and places he can't. i.e if he wants to wee in his bath water and write his name with it in the bubbles that's fine but weeing in the soap dish spreads germs or something like that. My DS went through something similar and is over it now. good luck