Thread: how many hrs a day does your 3mnth odl sleep

maggie Guest

Default how many hrs a day does your 3mnth odl sleep

Hi

Would love to know how many of you have great sleepers, and how many hrs a day they sleep.. my 3mnth old sleeps appr 8hrs a night,and maybe 4 hrs a day, but these can be in little naps.. i dont think that this is enough.. anyone else???

When Danielle was 3 months old she slept 10-11 per night solid and during the day she would sleep an hour maybe 3-5 times per day. Her sleeping pattern is about the same now and she's almost 5 months old. If they don't seem cranky due to not enough sleep I wouldn't worry about it. I got a flyer from my Mother's Group saying at this age they change their sleeping patterns but if you aren't phased what they are doing don't worry.

I hope this helps.

Lucas goes 8hrs at night waking for a couple of feeds and then straight back to sleep, has a 2 or 3 of 30-50 min naps in the morning and a 2 or 3 hr sleep in the arvo. Except when he doesn't want to

Jesse's almost 3 months. His sleep routine is approx 8 hours at night straight, then another hour, then about 3-4 hours, then about about half hour to 1-2 hours.. so thats say 8 hours at night and 5-7 hours during the day.. but that doesnt happen everyday, sometimes its less and sometimes more. Only since last week has he started a habbit of sleeping during the day for a 3-4 hour stretch. I find though he'll wake after half an hour or so of me putting him in bed and i just have to pursue that he sleeps some more by either playing music or giving him a dummy and just letting him lie there and then he sleeps for another 2-3 hours.

At 3 months Milo was sleeping 8-10 hours at night, 2 sleeps of 2-3 hours, then awake/cluster feeding all afternoon from about 3-9ish

So probably averaged 15 hours a day, but some days he'd be 12 hours straight screaming.

The total hours sleep varies greatly from one baby to the next, and it might just be normal for your baby?

maggie Guest

thx gals.. it doesnt make me feel so bad that my baby is not on the 3hr strict feed pay sleep routine as he only catnaps during the day.. also ds refeuses to go to bed before 9pm, once 9.05am comes he will go to bed no problems.