Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many weetbix does your toddler do?

Talking How many weetbix does your toddler do?

I thought I would see what other bubs are having cause Mackenzie is now on to 3 a morning! She only started eating them about 3 months ago and started with one, then went up by halves until this week where she is now eating 3 quite comfrotably! When does it stop!

DS will have 1.5 - 2. Three is loads - I only have 2.

We give DD who is 20mths 2, she was doing 3 but then for a while was vomitting after weetbix so cut it back to 2 and doesn't vomit. She would happily eat more but don't want to risk it. She instead shares my toast after her weet bix.

Ds will be 2 in July and he has 1.5 - 2 depending on the day.
    No way would he eat 3 yet.

xx

So do you think she's having too much? I certainly wouldn't eat 3 but she just loves them and that's all she has for breaky. She then has fruit, yoghurt or toast for morning tea about 2 hours later.

My DS recently started doing 3. He seems to eat about the same as your DD, he has his weetbix then will have morning tea a couple of hours later.

My DS who is 3.5 will happily eat 2 weetbix with half a banana, chopped and a small tub of yoghurt on top. He tends to eat heaps up until 2pm then I cut out any snacks until dinner at 5.30 cause he wont eat it. Kids have heaps of energy to burn so let them eat, besides they havnt eaten for at least 12 hours by the time brekky comes they are STARVING (so my kids tell me...)

Most of the time, DD has 2. Sometimes she will only eat 1 and a half... other times she will ask for more and happily eat another 2. I find that she requests more when she is having a growth spurt. Some days she will also eat 2 w/bix and a piece of toast...

My daughter is 2. She usually has 1.5 - 2 weetbixes. She loves them! Sometimes she does ask for more, but I find that whenever I give her more, she just ends up playing with them and not eating them.

If your girl is eating 3, it might pay to start giving her the kid's version of weetbix (they are lower in salt than the adult version). TBH the total salt in 3 bix is probably low, but it pays to be careful. My little monster regularly munches through 2, but his dad adds 1/2 a cup of rice bubbles as well LOL!

N only has 1 or 1.5 max buthe has never been very into bfast - the rest of the day i cant stop him. he will also have some yoghurt and fruit afterwards...

DS is 16 months and he has 2, most times he'll eat it all.
    I don't offer morning tea, however maybe I should introduce a banana or some fruit before his nap.

DS was doing 5 when he was 3....

Now he's a porrige man.

Is your Weetbix warm or cold for your kiddies?

my boy has only just turned 1 and he already eats 2! He's a big boy though. He is 11kg....not fat just tall he looks like an 18mth old

my two year old boy varies what he eats for breakfast. sometimes he has one or two weetbix with banana followed with toast and a milky milo. other days he has homemade muesli which he loves and easily has two small bowls. he has also been known to munch on one bowl of nutri grain and one bowl of sultana bran straight afterwards for breakfast. he loves his food and clearly has a fabulous metabolism because he is quite lean.

i would not worry about your little one eating three weetbix...in time it will change...

DS - two years old
    DS - two months old

My Ds has just turned 2 and he has been eating 4 for about 6 months. LOL I put boiling water on them to make them smushy and milk so they end up like a porridge mix

My two DDs have 2 weetbix crushed up with a little bit of honey on top. Mind you, within an hour they are usually hungry again and the snacking starts! DS has never been a weetbix fan, he prefers porridge with honey, sultanas and milk, peanut butter toast or rice bubbles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast