Thread: How much is too much poo for a BF baby?

Default How much is too much poo for a BF baby?

My little boy poops all day. I seem to change his nappy every hour or two with a little bit more poo. I wasn't at all bothered as he's very healthy and happy in every other way but I've noticed that it actually seems to be waking him up. He only has naps and when I get him up he seems to poo very soon after... I think he would be able to sleep longer if he didn't need to go all the time.
    I'll see our MCHN next week but thought I would ask on here if anyone knows what could be up- if anything! Is this normal?

My last son was exactly like this.. used to drive me nuts...

I assume it is normal...

By the end of this afternoon it was driving me nuts. I've only just really realised yesterday and today how much it is waking him up and then making him so overtired he's having trouble settling.
    Think I might do some research to see if there's any way to get him to poo more at a time and less frequently.

Mine have all been poo machines
    Just a thought, maybe it's wind and not so much the poo that's upsetting his tum. Does he fart a lot when he's doing his thing? Baby massage is excellent for getting the wind to pass.