Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How often do you bath your babies ??

Kirsty77 Guest

We bathed both girls daily as newborns right before bed to relax them.

We were told we only needed to bath every second day when Jess was a bubba as he's not rolling around and getting dirty or sweating or getting food all over him, so theres no need really to bath everyday, unless we wanted to. We started bathing everyday when it got warmer and he would sweat and i think it was when he started having big baths too.. so was about 1.5 months old maybe 2 months.. also as i started to set a routine for him then too.
    He now has a bath once a day after dinner.. sometimes if we're going out and he makes a mess from his breakfast he'll have another in the morning which makes him happy as he loves them.

Trish, I bathed both my boys every day from birth, apart from the odd day when they slept too much or whatever and I just didn't get the time. But Tom spent a little bit of time in SCN and there they only bath babies every second day. I think this is bcos many bubs are hooked up to things so it's a big job, but Tom wasn't and they still didn't do it every day. I did though - they allowed me to keep him in my room most of the time that he was supposed to be in SCN as he really didn't need to be there. I also remember the midwife telling me when we went home that while it was good to try and bath every day, a missed day wouldn't hurt.

Milo has a bath every day since his eczema has settled down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123