Thread: How often should she be going?

Default How often should she be going?

Miss S hasn't had a dirty nappy for nearly 5 days now. She is fully breast fed. She was going once a day but nothing for the last week. She is a little unsettled and seems to be uncomfortable but seems to be sleeping ok.
    I have tried warm baths, massage, moving her legs in a cycle motion. I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions??

I think it can be fairly normal for breastfed babies to go a good week or so without pooing. Just watch out for when she does go! LOL. I longed for my babies to be 'normal' and not poo for a few days.. alas.. mine were little poo machines every few hours it felt like!

If she doesn't seem too unsettled I wouldn't worry too much.

From this age that's not too uncommon. So long as it's not solid at all when she does go, then it's all ok.
    They do tend to get a bit out of sorts just before the explosion - look out.

J went 12 days without a poo once then did a normal one and went another 10 days! Unless her tummy seems swollen, sore to touch and seems to be upset by it there really isn't anything to worrry about until 14 days!

I asked this question a couple of days before you...lol

My DD of almost 6 weeks and fully breastfed used to go every day but has now changed to once every 5-7 days. Apparently this is ok- but its hard to not be concerned.

However as long as she is not uncomfortable etc all I can do is prepare for an explosion...