Thread: How old are they when????

Question How old are they when????

Hi all

I have a almost 14 month old and was wondering how long it will be before he starts to put two or three words together. Ihave a 13 year old DD but I cant remember when she started.
    Callum has started pointing and taking me to what he wants EG: banana's but I was wonder when he will start to put more words together. He says the norm, MuM, dad, sis, nan, bye, ta=ga.
    Would be good if some of you could let me know what age your child was and what they are saying.

Thanks so much!!!!

I think around 18 months was when my kids could put two words together and definitely by two they could say short sentences. But having said that it's hard to put an exact age on it because it sort of just happened so gradually that they could say one word, then two words, then sentences. But by 2 is when my kids were definitely stringing a few words together.

Oh Bon thanks so much. He seems to be saying, one, one worded words for ever now....lol

Milo is 16 months, and its still single words so far (I think) but he is saying a lot more of them, especially in the past couple of weeks.

Hey Rach. Thanks. They seem to say one words for a long time. I just cant remember Melissa and cant find her books to look at. Oh well guess Ive got some time to wait...

I've had one child barley speak till he was 2 1/2 and another saying 2-3 words at 18 months. They were so different!

ok thanks

DD was just turning two when she started putting two words together.
    She is now 2y4m and is making simple sentences

Thanks so much ladies