Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How old when your bub started to sleep thru night?

Default How old when your bub started to sleep thru night?

I am curious to know when other babies started to sleep through the night...

Many of my friends at mothers group have babies that only just started to sleep through the night at 6 months, and I was the envy of them because Cooper was sleeping through from 8 weeks. Then at 4 months he started to wake up for a feed, and still does this, sometimes even twice a night (I am officially clueless as to why...I have tried EVERYTHING...)

SOO I would love to know when your baby started to sleep through the night without waking up for a feed (and would especially be interested to hear other Mums whos babies did sleep through, then started to wake up, and when they started to sleep through again.)

Thanks!!

Fee Guest

Cooper first slept through at 9 weeks old. He went 12 hours between a feed.

He then went 10-11 hours between feeds on and off for ages. He'd do it for 3 nights in a row and then stop etc.

He's always gone to bed around 6.00 pm or 6.30 pm so sleeping through for me has meant sleeping until 5.00 am at least.

He only started doing it constantly from 4.5 months old.

Since then he's gone through periods of night wakings - I think to do with teething. Sometimes just for re-settling and other times for feeds.

At the moment he's been waking up to 4 times per night and sometimes for 1 night feed. I have no idea what's going on.

I hope he sleeps through again soon!

Still waiting here....! Every child is different.

Jo

My God Fee! They sound so similar! I hope he starts sleeping through again for your sake also. I think you were saying a few days back that he was waking up in the night screaming too? Is he still doing this? Cooper starts doing this if I try to let him settle himself in the middle of the night when he wakes up, but then if I pick him up and cuddle him, a minute or so later he is smiling ear to ear. So I know he isn't unwell or in pain!

When you find the secret for your Cooper - please let me know for mine!

Not yet! I dont' mind tho.

Actually... it is improving... we sometimes get a good stretch of 10pm to 6am... but only if he's in our bed

Chelsea was about 8-9 weeks old when she started her 10-14 hours sleep thru's...and still does them!!! She is now 16 weeks old

Emily started sleeping through at nine weeks and has done ever since - she only wakes if she's sick. She never went through phases of waking or anything, we were spoilt rotten with her and still are, she still sleeps 12 hours a night.
    Toby only started sleeping through recently, at 5 months.

Kameron and lachlan were both 13wks old. Ashton was 9wks old.

Love

Mads, can I asked what you did to help her improve in the night?

Ashleigh was sleeping 8 hours at 7 weeks but that kept going downhill and not that long ago she was waking 2 hourly! At present she wakes roughly 3.5 hours but we're working on cutting one of those out just to get 7 hours straight!

I'm still waiting for Matilda too... she's almost 3. She wakes generally once at night still.

Jovie on the otherhand probably wouldn't wake if it weren't for her big sister... she wakes once as well most nights, but sometimes she has her off nights. Worse lately but I think its more of a Wonderweek than anything else.

Coco slept through from 9 weeks - 5months, then we had lots of probs, teething sickness etc. Think eventually returned to sleeping at about 8 or 9 months. Still has the odd night of a wake up.
    Tilly never slept at all until 8 months when I couldn't function due to extreme sleep deprivation, so went to sleep school. NEVER looked back, she was the worlds best sleeper from then on. xoox

Mya started slepping through from 3months. I think it was from about 8pm till about 5-6am, give or take an hour here & there. Now at nearly 22months she sleeps from around 6pm to 7-7:30am.

Unfortunatly it has been over half a year since I have had a full nights sleep. I am really looking forward to the day that Stewart decides to sleep one of those 12 or 13hr nights that some of you are getting. Even just an eight hour night would be nice. Oh well, can't complain I spose. He is a happy healthy bub and I am blessed to have him.

19 months here, but still most nights we're up once.

Mads- how did you get Tresillian to come to you? They want me to go in for a week with Riley as he wakes every 2-3 hours for a quick feed. My 7 yr old got hysterical at the thought of me going away for that long without her so I'd love to see what they could do in my house.

My DD slept through from 12 weeks, but she only did it for 3 months then started waking at least once a night at 6 months old. I think it was more the fact it was winter, as she only did it for 3 months then started sleeping through again.

Nic

DD #1 started sleeping through at 9 weeks - when she learned to roll onto her tummy. I tried turning her onto her back several times (due to the SIDS info), but she just rolled back over, with her little bottom in the air. As she got older, if she'd had a drink too close to bed time she'd wake up to go to the toilet (she's never wet the bed, so I'm not complaining!) once through the night.

DD #2 is now just over 5 weeks old and has slept 9 hours straight for the last two nights. God I hope it lasts!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast