Thread: How to teach how to "blow"?

Smile How to teach how to "blow"?

Hi

Just wondering how to teach a little one how to blow out? as in blowing bubbles, blowing on food etc. She loves bubbles, but i am not sure how to teach her to blow, so she can make the bubbles too.

ta,

kate

just look at her and blow and tell her that youa e blowing, do this whenever food is hot or youa re blowing bubbles or candles and she will pick it up soon enough

Hi Kate i had issues with my son ans stil do (now 3 y/o) he gets confused with in and out.... It wasnt until we got him bubbles (they had ones with straw things) that he soon realised if you sick it tastes yuk.... Now he can blow bubbles well but things like smell the flowers he exhales through his nose instead of inhales... takes a while but im sure she'll get it with some practice

We practise blowing bubbles at swimming lessons and in the pool. The bath is another good place. I do it in front of her face so she can see what we mean and then give her huge claps when she gets it right. My DD understands blowing is out, whereas sucking with a straw is different. She tries to blow bubbles from the bubble wand but isn't quite there!

How old is she? My ds seemed to figure it out for himself around 18 months old. A good way is to let her watch you blow out candles then ask her to copy. Also, blow on her skin (eg back og hand) then see if she can do it to herself. that way she'll know if she's doing it right as she'll feel it.

There is an age at which their brains are able to work it out... can't remember it though... yep, my bubba "got it" at about 18 months old too.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Charlie still doesn't know how to. I've tried teaching him - I will sit in front of him and blow into his face - but when he tries all he ends up making is a 'sssss' sound! But he's so cute with it, I just can't correct him!

Little one is almost 14 months, so maybe i am a bit keen. I was trying with the bubble wand, and showing her blow etc but she put her head on the side and looked at me. I guess i am the bubble blower for a little bit longer. i will keep trying though.

Thanks

I blow on DD face and she is starting to learn to blow back. In her own sort of way, hoping she has it down pat by sep for her birthday candles, lol.

Blowing bubbles from bubble wand is a lot harder cause you sort of have to have the right amount of strength in the blow to get it to work properly, iykwim.