Thread: I don't know how he did it!!

Default I don't know how he did it!!

Hi,

I am totally confused as to HOW Avaleigh's dad got her through the WHOLE day without crying or any sort of whinging/fussing!

On Saturday I started my scuba diving course, it goes over two weekends. On Saturday my mum looked after Avaleigh and on Sunday DH looked after her cause he wanted to spend the day with his daughter. I left him everything, milk, food and times to feed her. I called DH at lunchtime to see how he was going. I got a 'everything is great, she slept from 7.30am to 10am, fed her at 11am and we are playing again. She hasnt even cried once!!' WOW I thought.

I got home around 5.30pm and DH was feeding Avaleigh. I asked how the rest of the day went and he said great, she slept from 3 til 5.. or something like that!

I am amazed as to how he managed to do that!! Cause I have had so many cries and whinging out of Avaleigh today. Maybe she doesnt need that middle of the day nap that I am trying to give her now??? I know that I have kinda mucked her routine up a bit cause I am going to the gym again in the mornings and the morning is her favourite time to sleep.. who knows!! I just dont know how he did it.. I must pick his brains again tonight, for all I know she could have fell asleep in his arms and then he put her to bed.

Hmm this is more for me putting my thoughts out there but has anyone else found that their child sleeps better for the dad than you??!!

Both my girls settle better for their daddy!!!

I can have a $hit day every day.....but he can have them a whole day or 2...and they are angels!

I reckon they get bored of me!

DS settle easier for DH than for me, and FAR easier for daycare and grandparents than for either of us.

Also he was down to 2 day sleeps at 5 months, but all babies are different.

I think it's common for bubs to settle better with dad. Don't take it personally!

How are you enjoying the course? Are you out in the open water next weekend?

Well I just gave her feed and she fell asleep on me! But I bet she wont sleep nearly as long as she did yesterday!

Kim - yeh I reckon she gets bored of me too!! I can never get the same laughs out of her that she gives to her dad.

MantaRay - The course is going really good!! But by the end I just wanted to get home cause I had the biggest headache. Yes, next week we have boat dives on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. At the moment they are out in the ocean but if weather doesnt permit, it'll be in a river. Fingers crossed its the ocean!!

DS always sleeps great for Daddy. I always stress about it, only to get home to him watching telly cause the baby is still sleeping, ahhhh!!! Think it's just a nice change for them I guess.

hun, don't stress about it - I think they're all starting to go through the phase of seperation anxiety - I know that if Pip sees me he'll cry over everything .. he can spend the day with his dad and not cry once, but as soon as he sees me he'll cry!

It's just a sign your little princess is growing up ...

This isn't right. Something has to be done!!!!

Only joshin'. My DS is horrible to my DH, so I've got it goooood....... but whenever DH has DS I think he anticipates the worst so DS just thinks "cool, I'll bring it on."

But, DS always (apparently) does the smelliest poos for DH. Are we a little prone to exaggeration?

Yep Ngala, mine too. I didn't have more than 3 hours sleep in a row until just recently, but I worked 2 night shifts when I went back to work in January and he reckoned she slept through every night! :P I say.

Lestypus yes i think they are...I hear "She just did the hugest poo ever for me!" I'm like what?!?! Seeing as that's only your 10th one EVER maybe we could rephrase that...

perzactly my point, Kim

DoubleK Guest

i have left Krystal with DP 3 times at night (all 3 times i was going to a concert) and all 3 times she fell asleep with him on the couch! she would never EVER do that for me, or even if i was there!!

i still feed her to sleep, and no matter what we try, she justs wants boobie if im there!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal Ball View Post
    she justs wants boobie if im there!
    Ooooh yeah!! I hear ya!! If I'm downstairs and Oskar is tired but is upstairs with his dad on the lounge or something and I come into sight... well... whinge whinge... muuuum muuum...lol. Then of course booby.

Veronica, Oskar went down to about 2 sleeps around 5/6 months. He will have a third on the rare occasion if he's woken fairly early that day, but other than that he has his big sleep in the morning then a smaller one in the arvo. Are you able to go to the gym after her morning sleep?

Cass - yes Avaleigh is like that too. She likes to have a big sleep in the morning and then a little in the afternoon and then she'll sleep all night. Its not really possible to go to the gym in the afternoon cause the creche closes at lunchtime and DH doesnt get home until its 3pm and then its the good ol' dinner routine for us and Avaleigh and then bath and bed!