Thread: I feel like all i do is change pooey nappies alllllllll day? How many is 'normal'?

Default I feel like all i do is change pooey nappies alllllllll day? How many is 'normal'?

Dont get me wrong....love being a SAHM to my three lil girls. One is fully toilet trained - no probs there. The other two (26 months and 8 months) do 3 poos a day....each !!!!. My mum couldnt believe it yesterday when we were over her house........
    So thats 6 pooey nappies a day.....and they are pretty rank poos too, up the leg, up the back kinda poos. How many poos a day is normal? I swear, some days an hour has passed and all i have done is change 2 lots of pooey nappies !!!!!!!!. DD#2 has already done 2 poos today and its only midday !!!!!!!

The younger two eat well......no probs there - veges, fruit (not as much in colder months).....are these 'frequent' poos normal????

Jovie is a 2 a day poo'er. She's pretty regular. Matilda, on the other hand, poo'd heaps more. She had heaps of problems with her guts & never did a formed poo. In fact, it wasn't until she was 3 and diagnosed with a severe milk allergy that we found out why. After 4 weeks of being off dairy all together she started doing formed poos. So I guess I would check out what their poo's are like. Whats the consistency, if you are concerned take her to a GP. We did that when Matilda was 13 months and we did a series of lactose intolerance tests, but they came back negative.

Thanks Christy.....the consistency is fairly normal - or what i call normal. Its just the frequency of them....maybe they are just 'pooey' babies....i get worried when we go a day without pooing...i know the next few days are going to be busy/smelly

hi Mbear

Glad to see you're back on to talk about poos ROFL! One of our favorite topics, really

E poos like a ritual 2-3 times a day, but lately has taken to doing even more 'little ones'! AAAARGH.

All I can say is - this too will pass .

Ooooh the joys...lol. Oskar sometimes does up to 5 or 6 in a day!! I think though they're not finished when we change them and also they have resistance (being the nappy) in the way and maybe can't fit it all?? lol... does that make sense?? Any way you look at it, it's the unpleasant and smelly side of being a mum or dad huh!

Alister is a once a day boy LOL - thank goodness is all I can say to that! I know how hard it is to have more than one in nappies so it does feel like it is never ending. I don't think it is out of the ordinary though, they just digest and process food faster than normal I guess, unless like Christy says and there could be an underlying issue.

Noah is a 2 a day man. sometimes more and on the odd occasion less - in which case the next day is YUKKY!

Between 2 and 4 a day for my DD.

Charlotte is still pooing 5-7 times a day, everyday! lol Almost every nappy of hers I change is dirty. And she is BF and not on proper solids yet, so they are messy! lol So 3 a day would be heaven for me!

Tahlia still does about 5 a day too, she is also a BF baby, and before solids, they were very messy indeed, often needing a change of clothes. Since she has been having solids, they are still happening as often (especially when she has pears), but they aren't quite as messy.