Thread: I have some questions...

Default I have some questions...

Firstly MERRY XMAS everyone!!

I have been thinking some things over...and i was wondering if you can help me by answering my rambling questions...TIA!!

1. How old is bubs?

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time?

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up?

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day?

Hi ChrissyT how are you?

Ash is 3months and a week old.

I don't wake her in the morning but she will usually wake anywhere between 7-8am, the longer the better!

Still no set nap times I just go with the flow cause if I try put her down when shes not tired she wil carry on and it really varies how long she is awake for from 1hr to 2hrs 15mins so I wait til she's tired.

As for feeding times, I have none of those either if she is hungry she'll be on the boob or if she wants comfort she is on the boob so it can vary also between 1-3hrs between.

I would like to have some sort of set routine but I think she will eventually fall into her own pattern which she roughly is starting to do. I find it easier to go by her then the clock. At the moment she is still having 3-4 short naps a day when she moves onto having 2 bigger naps it may be easier then to set up a more regular pattern.

1. How old is bubs? Caleb is 4 months

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? Pretty much. I wake him at 9am if he is still asleep. I can be a bit lax now kinder and swimming lessons for the big boys are on a break though.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? Nap times during the day are go with the flow. He sleeps 12 hours a night now so some days really only cat naps.

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? 3 hourly b/f on average. Sometimes he wants them closer together such as before sleep time. A typical day can be like this: 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 7pm & 9pm. This morning he woke earlier at 8:30 and I've fed him at 10:30 and he's gone to sleep after one side. He may wake after an hour or so and want the other side then.

1. How old is bubs? 3 months, 2 weeks or 15 weeks

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? Mostly starts at the same time. Usually whenever Jesse wakes, which is usually around 6-6.30am. If he sleeps longer i let him but hes never gone past 7am

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? I usually try and put him down between his 9.30am-1.30pm feed. If we go out in the morning then he goes down between his 1.30pm-5.30pm feed. Otherwise he just naps in the other hours

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? 6-6.30am, 9.30am, 1.30pm, 5.30pm, 8-8.30pm

1. How old is bubs? 14 weeks

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? Kiara usually wakes at 5ish (am) for a feed then goes straight back down and will wake again at 8 or 9 when we start the day.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? Kiara stays up for around 1 and a half hours sometimes a bit longer, I put her down when she is ready for a sleep, not at any set time, but it's usually around the same times each day!

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? 5am, 8am, 11am, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm... sometimes she feeds different, but I always wake her to feed and bath at 9 or 9.30 every night, if she's not already awake for that feed.

WOW Mel - Kiara and Paige were born on the same day!

1. How old is bubs? 7 months

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? Not really. Generally though Em will wake up around 8.30 though it can vary by up to an hour.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? Definitely no 'set' nap times as such. He does get tired about twice a day and will have naps then - normally one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? Em is on solids now and generally has 3 meals a day and 3 bottles during the day (Breakfast, lunch and tea) then a bottle during the night.

I found that Em worked out his own little routine and we just follow that. It does get knocked out of whack if he's sick or teething which for the last month he has been one or the other at one stage. I found I couldn't impose a routine on him as trying to get him to sleep when he was ready was just hopeless not to mention stressful.

HTH

1. How old is bubs? 6.5 months

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? Generally Anneliese wakes between 6 and 7.30, never really needed to waker her!!

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? She usually has a nid morn nap, an early arvo nap and a late arvo nap. When she gets grumpy i put her down - Declan (my almost 2yo) still gets a nap just "when he gets grumpy!"

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? Anneliese pretty much ahs a bottle when she wakes up for a nap and goes down for a nap. Sometimes more. But as her tummy doesnt cope very well with large amounts of milk, she gets 120mls each feed, instead of the recommended 200mls per feed. So she still gets the same amount, just more feeds per day. Not on solids yet either.

1. How old is bubs? 6 mths

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? Usually wakes herself at same time each day b/w 8.30-9.00am 3.

Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? Not set times but approx times, she just seems to get tired around the same time each day. She lasts about 2 -3 hours before she turns feral LOL!!! She loves her sleep, so if she gets grumpy/grizzly, its usually because she wants to go to bed.

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? FF 9.00am/2.00pm/6.00pm/10.00pm. I have recently started solids at b'fast and dinner. She is almost ready to drop the 10pm feed.

Waking up in the morning:I just let ruby wake up when she wants too,the latest she has ever slept in is 8am.Generally its 7-730am.I dont wake her.Let sleeping angels sleep i reckon!
    Routine:Not really, i go with the flow with this baby.I recognise her tired signs when she rubs her eyes.
    Feeding routine:nope,she feeds generally3-4hrs,she will suck thumb(try too) when hungary and generally wakes up once at night for a feed.
    My first child millana always had a routine for eating and sleeping.Ruby is a much more happy and placid baby and i dont know whether its personality or my more relaxed parenting.

1. How old is bubs? Charlotte is 5 months old

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? I never wake Charlotte if she sleeps i sleep, we normally get up anywhere between 7:30-9.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? I just go with the flow with Charlotte, she will normally have about 3 sleeps a day anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours.

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? I still demand feed, and she will feed anywhere between 2-3 hourly, i have just started her on farex and she will have that about 5;30pm.

Great idea on seeing what everyone does... I think its good to see how different some babies are than others.

1. How old is bubs? Jovie is 7 weeks Matilda is 2 1/2

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? No, our day is started by when Matilda wakes up... She wakes up most mornings at 5.30am but depends... Jovie gets woken up by her big sister.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? No set nap times... when she's tired she goes to sleep Matilda however, has only one nap a day now & its when she's tired which is usually 11.30-midday

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? Jovie feeds every 3 1/2- 4 hours depending on her, in the late arvo's she feeds more frequently and overnight she feeds every 4-5 hours. Matilda eats when she is hungry but has a basic rhythm of breakfast, lunch & dinner with 2 snacks

1. How old is bubs? Maddy is one year old!

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? I don't think I've ever had to wake Maddy up. *L* She's an early bird. She instigates what time the day starts - but she usually gets brought back to bed for a feed and then a family cuddle before we start our day. Weekdays we're up before 7am, weekends it's usually the same - but Mummy gets a sleep in on Saturday mornings during 'Daddy'n'Maddy' time.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? Itry to go with the flow; which has been hard because for the first 5 months she didn't sleep all that much during the day; and then when she started to sleep through the night, Maddy decided to drop the day sleeps. Now we have her basically having a single cycle nap (45mins-1hour) at around 9am and then around 1pm. We do try to follow generally the same plan each day, but Maddy is good at adapting and will generally be ok if we need to go down for a nap a little earlier or later.

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? Maddy has a boobie feed in bed with us when she wakes up in the morning. Depending on the day it could happen anywhere around 5am and 6am. She then has toast, yoghurt or fruit for breakfast with some baby juice or water at 6:30am when we get up together. Lunch is generally sometime between 12noon and 1pm; and I try to have her dinner ready for her before 6:30pm so she can eat before we go and pick Daddy up from work. Depending on the day, she might have another booby feed before bed which is between 7pm and 8pm.
    Last edited by Beckibee; December 27th, 2006 at 07:43 PM.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

1. How old is bubs? Jovi is almost 8 months old.
    2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? I usually do ... get up at 6am, have a shower and some brekkie. If Jovi is awake I'll get her up and give her a bottle before I go to work around 7ish. If not, she sleeps in with her Dad until they get up. Then he'll give her a bottle and some toast and vegemite.
    3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? Jovi doesn't really have set nap times. We just usually let her play and chase the cats around until she seems to be sleepy, or if she starts getting cranky then she goes for a nap. She'll usually have a nap between brekkie and lunch then again between lunch and tea, then down for bed after tea sometime.
    4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? Breakfast, lunch and tea. Jovi might also have some snacks during the day whether it be a full snack like custard, fruit or yoghurt or something or sometimes she'll just have a piece of bread or something.

Fee Guest

1. How old is bubs?

5.5 months

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time?

No. It depends on when Cooper wakes. Usually he sleeps from 6.00 pm until 5.00 am. ATM I am experimenting with starting my day at this time or trying to put him back to bed straight after the 5.00 am feed. The times I have put him back to bed he has only slept for another hour and therefore is awake long before his next feed is due. I like to follow sleep/feed/play where I can.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up?

I do a bit of both. I go with the flow but keep my eye on the clock (as in how long he has been awake for - not that 2pm is nap time IYKWIM). Cooper stays awake anywhere between 1-2 hours. I'm having trouble reading his tired signs lately and he is being quite fussy when put to bed.

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day?

They vary but it's generally every 3ish hours. Sort of around 5-6 am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm. Cooper always has at least 5 feeds per day.

But as I said, it all depends on when he wakes up. That then dictates when the rest of his feeds are. But I always do a final feed at 6.00 pm, even if he's had a feed at 4.00 pm. He has his bath just after 5.30 pm and then it's the final feed.

Yep, it is interesting to see all these different bub's lifestyles!

1. How old is bubs? 3 months!

2. Do you start your day at the same time each day? If yes...do you wake Bubs to start the day at this same time? I wake up when River starts fussing...then lie in bed and wait for him to cry for me :P I'm not a morning person. I'll only wake him if we need to be somewhere, and even then I'll put it off for as long as possible.

3. Do you have set 'nap' times or are you still going with the flow? Do you try and put bubs down at the same time each day regardless of how long they have been up? He's sleeping through the night (yes I know I'm spoiled) so he just catnaps through the day...usually about an hour or so after a feed.

4. What are your rough feeding times for the day? Hmm. At the moment. This is just approximte. 8am, 11am, 3pm, 7:30/8pm. About 2-3 hrs between his first 2 feeds, and he can go 5hrs between his last two. About only 4 feeds a day though. There might be an extra feed on hot days or during a growth spurt.

Hope you and Paige are doing well

Matty is 22 months and he wakes at 5.50am during the weekdays... usually we have to wake him unfortunately to get him ready to go to his nan's for the day while we go to work. At the weekend it can range from 6.30 - 7.30.

If I could, I would let Matthew wake when he wanted and get him up at that time. I find that he generally did that anyway when we both weren't working fulltime.

Matthew still naps once every day regardless of when he wakes and it is around 12 - 12.30pm for at least an hour sometimes more. I have always gone with the flow. I am a big believer in letting the baby guide things as much as possible - sometimes it isn't always practical.

Due to Matty's age his feeding times are breakfast/lunch/dinner times although I do feed him lunch early - 11.30 ready for his nap at midday.