Thread: Ideas for storing bubs smaller clothes

colleeg Guest

Default Ideas for storing bubs smaller clothes

I have been wondering what to do with my sons outgrown clothes, I have tried some of those space saver bags but they are so expensive... Any ideas?
    I'm trying to save space too but I want to keep the good ones for my next bub...just seems to be so many clothes when they outgrow them.. like the pj's or jumsuits. pants, tops, singlets!

any help would be appreciated

Colleeg ](*,)

If you roll clothes when you pack them away, you'll often find you have extra space. What about using one of those plastic boxes with the clip on lids to store the clothes? You can get small ones that roll under your bed.

Those roller-boxes are great. I use the big ones for in the wardrobe and the flatter under-bed ones too. I just put the clothes in neatly and put in a few moth balls.

Colleeg, sometimes you can get the space bags for much less from places like "The Warehouse" or similar discount outlets. Someone gave us an absolute mountain of baby clothes which I've now compressed down into one bag. I couldn't believe it.

I've got those roller boxes too but they don't store nearly as much. Still, they are also a really good idea and will keep the clothes nice and fresh for you.

colleeg Guest

Melbo
    Thanks for your ideas, we have a few of those discount shops near us in Canbrra mostly the 'reject shop' so im going ot have to keep my eye out. As you say "mountains' of clothes in one bag! just sounds perfect I suppose the investment is priceless considering how much space you save!

I have never had anything but trouble with space saver bags. All of them over a short period of time got leaks. All of my kids clothes that I have wanted to keep are stored in boxes etc, and placed in our roof.

Love

colleeg Guest

Astrolady, I love the idea of the bags but all in all that is my question too how long do they last? till your next baby....1,2,3 years?

I purchased a few big ones 12 months ago that were $$ and put them in my wardrobe only to hear a sssssssssss the screws where the clothes rail is screwed into the wood has the ends sticking out?? because its so high up I never knew! I though It was something sharp so i though oh well and used the second bag...same thing! so now there is tape on them for that and other things that might go sss!

So they have their advantages and disadvantages!

We spent $80 on space saver bags.... an incredible waste! They were kinda good at the time... we sucked all the air out then managed to slot three into each teachest... but a year later when I needed to retrieve some items for my sister I'd found that they had all leaked. They've never been the same since. Now I just use those red/white/blue cheapo canvas bags. At least they come with a zip! We store them all over the house in that hard to reach area at the top of wardrobes and the linen press etc.

I`ve got all Matthew`s clothes in a space saver bag, but I`ll be pulling them out soon for this new bub so I can`t say how long they last for as there is only going to be 15 months between bub #1 and #2 so they haven`t been packed away in the space saver bags for years only months.

mooshie Guest

i save all the huggies boxes and use them to store the baby clothes in, up the top of the wardrobe - works well and looks neat and tidy imo. argh that reminds me i must do a cull of ds wardrobe he is nearly 6 and i noticed some size 2 clothes in the drawers the other day lol.

I use the space saver bags but find like others that over time they leak so I use them - condense them - fit them into the smaller space I need to get them into then don't really care whether they leak or not cause they can only expand into the remaining space (I do however only use the cheap ones). I've put them up in cupboards or in old suitcases in the garage. Where they are not inside the house I put some Epsom salts in with them to prevent bugs/mildew etc (gets a bit messy when you are unpacking though as you end up with the salts everywhere so have a minivac on hand). If you want to put them into something like a box or a suitcase put them in then suck the air out otherwise you always end up with the wrong shape I find.

Colleen Guest

Ive done the same as michelle & packed each huggies box in sizes, so I mark them clearly with what size is in there, then when I m giving anything away I can find it

Re the space bags, it is probably a good idea to check regularly to make sure the seal is still intact. I have never had a problem with them leaking though.