Thread: identity sticker on back

Default identity sticker on back

DD still has her sticker on her back, we have been too scared to attempt to pull it off cause we dont want to hurt her. any good ideas on how to get it off?

Wow, my DS never had one of those, just a wrist band!

I would try a bit of baby oil maybe?? And very gentle peeling!

we had the wrist band, an ankle band and the sticker on her back! LOL

Wow, you were never in danger of taking home the wrong baby!

lol we had all those too Hollo!! Definately no chance of them getting lost huh! Mind you Josh lost his bands within his first few hours...so I guess thats why he had the tag!

We soaked his in the bath a couple of times but it still wouldnt loosen like a normal bandaid. So when a nurse friend of mine come round I showed her....apparently they had used the wrong sort of tape, the normal stuff is meant to come off in the bath!! So I just let her be the bad guy and peel it off. It left a mark on his back for a day or two, but he didnt scream or anything when she peeled it.

Hopefully your DD's is the soaking kind!!

We soaked DS's in the bath. After a few baths it came off pretty easy.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

wow i have never worked anywhere that do that! poor bubbas.

2 bands 1 wrist 1 leg or 2 leg is what i am used to.

Im with Feeb on this one.....

All my kids had 2 feet done...

Your hospital must be very up with identity checking!

I was wondering what the heck you were talking about there for a second. The only trouble I had getting a sticker off the back of something is when I bought a book and the price was on the back - I didn't even know they put stickers on babies. Extraordinary.

Wrist band and leg band here. That sticker thing just blows my mind. Evidently I have nothing to add about effectively removing it. I'm just having barcode visions.

Eucalyptus oil or the like on a cue tip should loosen the glue.
    Dont use too much or pour it on or anything, the oil is too strong for his new skin, but it should help with the glue.

Put some olive oil on it and leave it for a couple hours or so it should just about fall off on its own

We faced that dilemma during the first or second bath at home. When I first started to pull at it, he scrunched his face up and was about to scream, but I stopped. Then I just ripped it. And barely a noise. And he was quite calm after it. It definitely was a case of hurting me more than him. But he was cool with it. Surprisingly cool with it. We did while still in the bath and there was plenty of distraction, warm water, soothing voices etc just in case. DP held his skin down when it happened, but just do it. I was prepared for screaming and armeggedon basically, but nothing, barely a peep. A surprised look, a scrunch of the face and a wince and then back to bath time (with some soothing rubs of the back!)

How long have they been barcoding the babies (Ok, maybe not a barcode!) - is it happening everywhere?

I've never heard of this, but my DS could be one reason they brought it in - he worked out how to get his ankle and wrist ones off in no time at all - and every time they were put on again he'd work them off again! Good think he looks so much like DH or I might have been worried about having the wrong baby LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Put some olive oil on it and leave it for a couple hours or so it should just about fall off on its own
    Yep, that's what I was gonna say. The olive oil wont hurt his baby skin.

I have never heard of identity stickers, wonder if its gonna be a new thing everywhere.

Stickers on the back is not all that common but s few hospitals do it. Name bands on the wrist and legs often come off and they can also irritate the baby.

we went to the royal brisbane and womens public hospital. they did it 2 1/2 years ago too with my DD1 but i cant remember how we got it off, actually i think the GP took it off at the 5 day check up now that i think about it. we have given DD2 heaps of baths but it just isnt budging. will use the olive oil suggestion i think. thanks.