Thread: I'm baffled???!?!?!?!....

Talking I'm baffled???!?!?!?!....

I put Izzy down after a feed at 130 last night. I had been out and it was pretty warm so I didnt put her in her grobag as its a 2.5 TOG, she just had her sheet and blanket tucked in around her. She woke at 5am and I went in and she had kicked off all her blankies down to the end of the bed .....

BUT...

She was upside down!!!!

Her head was at the foot of the bed where her legs normally are and her legs pointing up towards where her head should be!! How on earth did she do that?? Should I be worried!?? She is normally in her Grobag but I wonder if she would still be able to do it even with it on. I only have 2.5 TOG ones so might have to urgently go shopping!!
    Anyone have this happen???

Yep. Iggy does this all the time now. I dont use any blankets with him now because of it so just dress him warmly. Not sure about grobags thgh as I dont use them. He just has a jumper and trackies on. (but we are QLD).

I should be worried about the blankets and her smothering right?? Its so hard in Melbourne right now - one day its 31 and 2 days later back to 18. Plus the days and evenings are warm and then 4 am is freezing so I cant quite get it right
    I wonder if anyone else has this happen with grobags? That might have to be my solution - and to not use any blankets at all.

76stars, sounds like she's rap dancing in her sleep.

That's pretty funny. I don't think you should be worried. They do all sorts of weird stuff in their sleep.

Tan, that hilarious!!!! Both my girls did similiar things when not put in their grobags. I think without the bag, it makes it easier to wiggle around. As they get older they learn how to move around with the bag on. I would ditch the blankets and try to get a 1.0 tog bag for the summer.

It is funny hey!!! I was just worried that she might end up under the covers that are there!! I wish I had a camera in there to see if she was awake when she did it or asleep!!!

hehe how cute! Claire does same thing, and she does it when in her grobag too. I use teh grobag on colder nights still. Most nights its way to warm for it though.

My DS ALWAYS does this, now he is older though he does alot of crawling pracitce in his cot. I found that sometimes he would wriggle out when I left the room so I always checked him half hour after putting in bed and would put him back under the blankets if he had moved but...when he would wake, most of the time, he would be back up the other end or upside down so I assume he does it in the first few mins of being awake. I think they have a bit of play time then call you when they have had enough.
    Although now, if I cant hear his head banging against the side of the cot then I know he hasn't moved. I think it gets worse as they get older.
    Also, the sleeping bag things only work until they realise they can put their feet in the corners and push up. I have seen him dig his heels into the mattress and push himself up that way. There is no stopping the little escape artists

Jodie259 Guest

my DS would move all over his cot. normally he is sideways... at the very end of one end.
    He never keeps any blankets on him either.

The funnest one was when I went into his room, and his legs where through the bars of his cot - sticking out... If you hit the photos link (in my siggy below) - you will see photos of him on the first page (at the bottom).

I've put him into a 'big bed' in the last couple of weeks (he's 16mo).. and he manages to stay in the same position, with a blanket on him. Wierd.

Yep that happens all the time with us!!!! He unwraps himself and ends up the other end of the cot with his arms and legs hanging out of the cot!!! Although the last couple of nights we have had him in a 1 tog grobag and have tucked it under the mattress and all he can manage is to roll on his side and sleep that way.