Thread: Immunisation!

NewmumLou Guest

Default Immunisation!

Today my little Joshua had his 2 month immunisations, he was so brave at first but then he cried and cried and cried his little eyes filled with tears... it broke my heart! Since then when getting home, he was relly sleepy, i gave him some panadol so he doesnt get any aches and pains and also so his temp doesnt rise. Is this normal to be so sleepy?

Lou, yes it is very normal. =)

Yep - I know lots of mums who say thier bubs never slept better than after their shots!! Didn't seem to affect mine one way or the other though, he just plodded along his merry way...

Totally normal, and dont'worry, he'll be back to his normal self tomorrow probably... just don't make the mistake I did of squeezing his legs where they got jabbed, or you'll hear that terrible cry again!

Milo had his 2 month immunisations and slept for 14 hours that night.
    He continued to be more sleepy than normal for about 48 hours, and slept through a couple of feeds the next day.

NewmumLou Guest

oh good to know its ok! I think i spoke to soon, he woke up twice last nite, although one time the poor darling was asleep and making sounds like he was in pain, and sure enough the panadol had worn out..... poor baby!