Thread: Immunisation age

Default Immunisation age

Last time we saw the CHN she mentioned that when I see my GP for my 6w check up I should get Kynan's 1st lot of immunisations done at the same time. However, everything I've seen since says they're done @ 2 months. 6 weeks will be around 6 July, 2 months won't be until 25 July. How accurate does it have to be?

Melinda Guest

I'm not sure exactly how accurate it has to be to be honest, but from memory I recall the nurse saying something about it not being any more than a week or so either way. That's what I did too - I simply did them within a week of the 2m, 4m, 6m etc but as close to the date as I could arrange it.

Yeah i have heard it is 2mths for the first lot.

I took lach in for his 1yr ones and was told that was it till he was 4, i knew they didn't do 18mth anymore but they have cut out 2yr as well apparently.

I forgot to take him in for his follow up prevnar injections though *doh*

Love

Hi All,
    When did they cut out the 18 months one. I just had kayne's 12 month lot done and they didnt say anything.
    #-o

I'm not sure if it would make any difference Angel, but I guess I would be sticking to the ages that they recommend...though I have been late with a couple of Aidyns (due to him being sick).

I think its a fairly recent thing - cutting out the 18month immunisations, but my Dr did tell me the same thing at our last appt.

Thanks everyone Sound like it'll be best to stick to the rec. ages!

Angel, one of the ECHN's told me to just get my 6w checkup done at the same time as the immunisations to save 2 trips!

I was told the first lot were @ 2 mths aswell. We had Nicholas done about a week after they were due. (I think)

Angel - from what my MHCN said, it's the time between the 1st lot at 2 months and 2nd lot at 4 months that is important as it is the same vaccinations, it needs 8 weeks between them, so getting them done at 6 weeks wouldn't matter I think.