Thread: Immunisation Payment for 18 month olds

Pietta Guest

Default Immunisation Payment for 18 month olds

Hello all!!

I was interested to find out who has got this random payment and if it takes long for them to give you the money.

What a weird payment too!!

Hi Pee

You need to fill out forms and lodge them at centrelink to claim the payment and it has to be done before your child turns 2. It can be lodged once all immunisations are completed and they usually pay it in the 19th month. Asha is going for chicken pox tomorrow and then we should get payment in January but I will let you know.

Cheers

I never filled in any forms only those given to me at birth. My payments for both the boys were given automatically. Kameron when he turned 2 but they have since dropped 2 yr old immunisations so we got Lachlan's when he turned 18mths

Love

I asked them about it when I rang Centrelink, and all I had to do was give Aidyns Medicare # and they double checked the records of his immunisations, and hey presto - the money was in my acc the next day! (he was almost 19 months when I made the call)

Kirsty77 Guest

So just out of curiosity how much do they give you?(and why didn't I know!?) :-k

it is just over $200 when your child becomes fully immunised at 18mths.

Love

Okay, if Centerlink have your medicare number, they will check the immunisation register themselves and pay you at about 19mths. I recently got a letter from Centerlink about this as Paige will be 18mths on Dec 27. The Chicken pox vaccine is not on the schedule (not compulsory) so they will pay you even if they have not had this done. Paige will not have her chicken pox vaccine until the new year now, but i can put in a claim with Centerlink now. The amount is a bit over $200. There should be no forms to fill in either. If they do not have your medicare number, just ring and give it to them, or fax them a copy of your blue book immunisation page, or a copy of their vaccinations from the Childhood Immunisation Register.

sherieb

mooshie Guest

okay i am just going to through a bit of a furfy into the mix on this one.

if i remember rightly when lani had her 12mth vaccines, my gp said that they don't have 18mth vaccines anymore????? just the chickenpox one which is not a requirement iykwim. am i right or am i just imaging this conversation - i imagine it was me not concentrating at the time lol.

oh and with my other 2, the payment just arrived from centrelink in their 19th month.

Pietta Guest

Ok well maybe it will just be there?/ I have no idea.... might ring centrelink in a couple of months to check it out.

Thanks so much for your replies ladies!!

Chicken Pox has just been added to the immunisation schedule but only certain children will qualify for it. Asha had her chicken pox yesterday and we should get our payment in January.

Here is the information from the Centrelink website on makign your claim.

Claim: To claim Maternity Immunisation Allowance, you can download the claim forms and information from this page, complete the forms and return them to your nearest Family Assistance Office at Centrelink. You can also telephone the Family Assistance Office on 13 6150 and ask to have a Maternity Immunisation Allowance claim form posted to you, or you can pick up a claim form at any Family Assistance Office at Centrelink.

If you are having trouble downloading the forms and information, you can telephone Centrelink on 13 6150 or visit your nearest Family Assistance Office at Centrelink and a Customer Service Officer will be able to help you.

What information do I need to make a claim?
    You may be asked to provide proof of your income and, depending on your circumstances, your partner's income. For more information, go to Factors Affecting Payments and Eligibility. If you have any questions, telephone the Family Assistance Office on 13 6150 or visit your nearest Family Assistance Office at Centrelink.

What forms do I need to complete?
    To make choosing a claim form that best suits your personal circumstances easy, there are a few steps to follow:

Step 1
    Download the Information Booklet about your Claim for Family Tax Benefit and Maternity Immunisation Allowance as this contains important information about your claim that you must read before lodging your claim for Maternity Immunisation Allowance. You will also be asked to declare that you are aware of the Privacy notice contained within the Information Booklet about your Claim for Family Tax Benefit and Maternity Immunisation Allowance in the Customer's Declaration section of your claim for Maternity Immunisation Allowance.

Step 2
    Download and complete a claim form that best suits your own circumstances:

If you are claiming for the 2004-05 financial year

Download Claim for Family Tax Benefit, Maternity Payment, Maternity Immunisation Allowance for 2004-05 Income (Financial) Year form [32 pages, PDF:240KB]
    If you are claiming Maternity Immunisation Allowance following the death of a child or person in your care:

Download Claim for Bereavement Payment of Family Tax Benefit, Maternity Payment, Maternity Immunisation Allowance form [40 pages, PDF:412KB]

If you are claiming Maternity Immunisation Allowance for a child under 2 years:

Download Claim for Maternity Immunisation Allowance for a Child Under 2 Years Old form [8 pages, PDF:129KB]
    I hope this helps. I lodged Asha's forms after she had her 12 month immunisation as we thought she had finished and then we recieved information about the chicken pox and how it had just been added to the schedule

Here is a link to the latest immunisation Schedule

Cheers

Pietta Guest

Oh Kelly your a champ!!

Thanks heaps- i had read the website but i find centrelink change things as they go sometimes depending on who you talk to!!