Thread: Immunisations

Default Immunisations

Hi Girls ,

Kaitlyn turned 1 yesterday (yay!) and is therefore due for the dreaded immunisations. The only issue is she has been sick with EVERYTHING for the last 8 weeks due to starting daycare. As she is currently sporting Conjunctivitus and an ear infection that came with a cold I am a bit hesitant to get her immunisised until she is well....but juding by the last 8weeks I am not sure when that will be!

Oh yeah...she is on oral antibiotics and also Drops for her eyes....

What do you think?.

Cass

You wont be able to do her yet. I am pretty sure if she is on AB's then they wont do it.
    The times you need to avoid is when she has had a fever in the last 24 hours. But I would think that they would like her to have finished her course of AB's before giving her the needles. Just ring & ask. Tell them about her bout of sickness due to starting day care & they should be able to let you know how sick is too sick IFYMWIM

Hi Cass,

Like Fiona said, they will want to wait. We had the same thing with DS. He ended up having his 12 month vaccinations at 14 months or so. It's best to wait until they are well. The only nuisance is you might get a letter from the Immunisation Register asking you to explain why they haven't had it yet so you are still eligible for your payment at 18 months. We just got the GP to sign a letter saying he would have them when he was better. I hope he gets better soon. BTW, if it makes you feel better, Jack had 3 throat infections in quick succession when he started day care but has had nothing since. I have had gastro twice, chest infection, throat infection, sinus infection all in the last 3 months or so and Jack has not got sick at all. This initial burst of illness from starting day care should boost Kaitlyn's immunity which is a good thing!

Melanie

Id definately not even consider it Cass. Wait til shes better.

Jo

Thanks girls ..that is what I thought. It is hard enough to inject them with the viruses but I imagine if they are already sick it cant be good for them!.

Hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with daycare in the beginning!

Hang in there Cass. It will get better!