Thread: Immunisations

Default Immunisations

Indah had her immunisations this afternoon & is really really cranky & unsettled. Is there anything other than panadol I can give to help her?
    I tried laying down on bed & letting her comfort suck, but she is just screaming uncontrollably & it's breaking my heart!!!!

Melinda Guest

Awww! Poor little Indah!!!

Jacob got very upset with his first needles and we had to give him some panadol too. Apart from that, pushing the fluids through extra feeds, the only other thing you could do is to try a cool face washer on her leg to try and relieve some of the ache where the needle went in.

Oh Tracey - poor little Indah!! I was going to suggest maybe sucking some ice or something like that. I think the the bad needles we had she ended up sleeping with shane all night.
    These are the worst ones - they are all better from here.

I have just let her lay in my arms with my boobs exposed so she could suck as she wanted, alot of gnawing went on, but oh well... She didnt hurt too much, Daddy is giving her a luke warm bath & she is smiling again, but I think if it comes down to a night in bed with us, that's fine... I will just have a sickie tomorrow as I am a paranoid sleeper & just tend to lay there watching her.

She seems calmer so I will give her a nother lot of panadol before her last feed & before she goes to bed...

Oh I know how you feel, Paige had her chicken pox needle today. So i was fully prepared for a long night as she doesn't take panadol, but she has been really good all day. When they have been irritable after needles, baths do seem to help, especially if they have them in the legs.

The poor baby, I hope she's better today. im really really dreading Coco's needles in 2 weeks. Hope you had an ok night xoox

Meg, she ended sleeping from 9pm, til I woke her at 7:30am... So she was Ok & has been a happy chappy all day (so Mum tells me!)