Thread: Inter continental Sydney??

Default Inter continental Sydney??

Please Guys I really need a hand here!!! Has anyone stayed here before. We are booked in for 2 nights; we are going up because my husband has a conference, anyway i thinking that it may not be the smartest move for Hannah (13months) and I to go.
    I just don’t want to feel like a prisoner in the hotel room at night, once I put Hannah down for the night. So what I need to know is Is there like a little alcove to put the cot, because I know that if she can see me that’s it, she will think it is party time??/

Hi Rach, i haven't stayed there, so can't really answer your question..but i did used to go there every day as part of my work and it is a 5 star hotel, the staff are more than happy to accomodate any requests and it has top notch facilities..so hopefully your stay should be very comfortable
    ETA: If you get a spare 5 mins take a visit to Fusion Salon and Spa in the hotel..it is one of sydneys best!!
    ETA: Also, just rememebered when owen was small and we were travelling all over the country side it was not uncommon for us to sleep him in the porta cot in a hotel bathroom..sounds crazy but he had his own room so it worked..just an idea
    Last edited by totalbabe77; February 3rd, 2007 at 07:20 AM. Reason: preggy brain keeps forgetting stuff

Hi Christie, thanks so much, yea i know its meant to be totally beautiful! Dont think I will have a chance to get to the SPA, I need two weeks in there!!

We went to qld last year with the plain to put the portacot in the bathroom but i tell ya what we couldnt get it in there, it was great it had an alcove which the cot fitted a treat.
    I have got all day to decide if i am going!

I hope you are well Christie, and owen and yo baby belly.

Talk soon!!!

Rach, just wanted to say goodluck and that I'm sorry I can't help you with the Intercontinental as I haven't stayed there, but I think Christie's idea is great (putting bub's portacot in the bathroom). Enjoy yourself hon! It's always fun being away from home, even if you do have a bub with you - plenty of places to explore.

Thanks Beck, we have travelled heaps with Hannah, and we have always coped really well. We are going to call the hotel and check out the bathroom size, when we stayed up at the Sheraton Mirage last year there was no way a portacot would fit in there, but the layout of the room was perfect.

STILL NOT SURE!!!

Thanks love!!!

I've stayed at the intercontinental and from memory the room we stayed in wasn't very large and the cot wouldn't fit in the bathroom. I geuss it depends what room you get.
    I think the best idea would be to ring the hotel and ask them to put you in a room with space for the cot - they should provide you with a cot if you ask.

We are off in a couple of hours!!!!

I am looking forward to it.

THANKS

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Have a great time Rach - and i hope Hannah is great for you