Thread: International travel - what about the pram??

Default International travel - what about the pram??

Hi all,

We are going to Europe in January - baby will be 7 months old then , and we have just gotten her a pram that should last until she is walking.
    The pram is quite bulky and weighs 11kg , but it does fold.
    I was wondering what do they do with prams on international flights?? do they take them as baggage , and if so - does it cost more?
    we are flying malaysian and klm ( if that makes a difference )

They do take prams, you can call and find out, but we brought our stroller as Matilda was older. BUT there were younger bubs on the plane and you could bring the pram up to the gate & right before boarding they would take the pram off you and store it.

melvan Guest

enigma, I've seen people on international flights with prams. I believe they just take them as carryon luggage, at least the ones who use them in the airports. I don't know if it costs more, probably best to check with the airlines.

Sounds like fun, wish I could go

Could you take a stroller? A friend of mine travels to the UK twice a year with toddler (now) and a 5 year old and takes the stroller. She takes it right to the door of the plane. She has only had a problem once with the stoller being damaged (not sure what they did but the wheel was broken) so she wrote to the airline (emarites) and they paid for a new one. Just thought if the same happened to your pram it could be a problem for you when you got home ie having to buy a new one straight away and a stroller is a lot lighter.

thanks for the advice girls i'll give them a call

Nikbrad- id love to just take a stroller ( or use the airline ones ).. but we are going for about a year, maybe even longer - so we need her pram there