Thread: Isnt it nice to be told your a great mum....by a stranger !!

Default Isnt it nice to be told your a great mum....by a stranger !!

Took DD#2 (and DD#1) to the clinic this morning for a weigh in. She did the usual check (head, length, weight) and asked how the B/f was going, along with her sleeps, and solids. All going mighty great at the moment, bit worried about her dropping a feed (now 5 in a 24 hour period) but nurse said that is perfect.
    With soph putting on weight, and generally being a active and happy baby, the nurse congratualted me on doing so well....along with managing a just turned 3 year old too.
    I walked outta there feeling oh so great. There are days (esp when DH doing night shifts) when you think 'man, am i doing this right?'. But when a almost total stranger says 'hey, your doing aok', it makes you feel so godamn good.........some people need retail therapy, i just need a friendly pat on the back -

jaffa Guest

I know how you feel!!! Sometimes I find I second guess myself a lot, but when someone tells you that you are doing a great job it just gives you that extra bit of confidence that is needed!

I bet that brought such a smile to your face! Well done Mbear. And it is so nice to be told those kind of things, it just really reassures you that you are doing the right thing. What a lovely nurse to say those things too!

Mbear, nothing like a great boost to your confidence as a mother hey... My clinic nurse that is at the chemist is great like that, always tells me how great I look and how good the kids are looking and growing. I always walk away feeling great, or should I say float

Well done to you hun. It sure makes difference when someone else takes time to notice

Good on ya MBear!

Fire Fly Guest

I know what you mean MBear. Gives me a boost when DH says ' i couldnt do your job' or 'we have to take care of mummy because we would be lost without her' (Lol, he just wants dinner made), or 'your a good mum' That last one means alot to me. Even though it comes from DH it is nice to hear.

Well done by the way on a job well done.

WELL DONE HON! That is such a nice thing to hear.....I agree.....sometimes I feel like crying, thinking I am such a ****e Mummy. Then something will happen, or someone will give me a bit of praise......and my conficence soars again.....you're right.....it is exactly what most Mummy's need!

Its the little things said and done for you out of the blue that really makes things ok again. Just tonight last night before food shopping so i was really tring hard to find somthing yummy yet easy to put together with what i had, i tell you guys i almost gave in. I served up dinner all was silent them my DD of 3 says "this looks great mum thankyou and i love you for feeding me" she made my day and i cried you got to love the job we do even if it gets hard.

kittykat

Oh wow, my daughter can't talk but she can say 'mam' and thats all it really takes to make my day. But when DH does say something like 'i dont know how you do it, shes driving me crazy, you are so good'. its enough boost to keep me going another week... or is that another tantrum?

I agree mbear!!!

I had it the other day when I went to the dr for my 12w app. She said how well behaved Louis was and I seemed to be doing a good job! So nice to hear! It certainly reassures you and gives you a boost!

thats terrific.
    I certainly like to hear that others think you are doing a great job as a mum

Well done

Good on your Mbear - I know what you mean.
    DH has been getting Allegra up in the morning and talking to her (he thinks I am still alseep) and he tells her as he is changing her etc that "mummy needs her rest because she is good and helps everyone!" he is so cute.. makes me feel so special and happy when he (and others) appreciate a good mum!

That really is lovely, no wonder it made your day