Thread: issues with car seat for bigger bubs

Default issues with car seat for bigger bubs

Milo is now too long for the rearward facing car seat, in that the straps are well under his shoulders, by a couple of centimetres.

The thing is he's too light, and doesn't have enough head control, to turn it to the forward position.

Its making him uncomfortable and he doesn't like going in the car now, and I'm not sure there's anything Ic an do.

Is there the option to raise the straps up? I have a Safe n Sound and we had to move the straps up at on stage, this was before Maggie was old enough to have the seat turned. Have a look at the manual for it and see what it says, as I know as says that the straps must come from above the shoulders for safety reasons. HTH

yes, we have a safe n sound AHR, there are 3 levels but he's at the highest one already. (he started on the middle one when he came home from hospital! :shock: )

Oh boy, he is a long bub! We are still on the middle setting. Can you call them and see what they say?

have a look at baby target or babyco or somewhere, there is a heap of different kind of head supports you can get for bubs in car seats, just make sure they are to australian standards

Astrid, calling them is a great idea...I hadn't thought of that

Yep, last week he was measured at 66cm..he's even too loong for his 0-6month grobags now, I am going to have to get him the next size up..

Jillian, thanks for the info, I will have a play with the seat on the weekend and see. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew his head wasn't going to bounce around a lot.

Matilda was long and used to get cranky at 4 months in the capsule & used to get cramped up too. We swapped to the reversable car seat as the car seat we bought had that option, and it seemed to have a bit more space for her legs to stretch out. But as she had good head support & was the right weight we wound up turning the car seat around at 5 months.