Thread: items to pack for loooong trip

Default items to pack for loooong trip

Ok, as everyone knows by now - we are going to Europe on saturday.Im trying to figure out what to pack for Aneta for the trip ( 32 hour trip )... so far we have :

- 15 nappies
    - toys , toys , toys
    - 2 blankets
    - small baby powder
    - baby nose drops
    - baby panadol
    - baby juice / baby food
    - dummies
    - formula
    - snow suit ( its snowing over there )
    - 3 bonds body suits ( the long sleeve and long leg ones )
    - singlets
    - warm socks
    - winter hat
    - scarf/ gloves

.. and an umbrella fold stroller which we can take on board.

Does anyone think ive missed something thats important?
    Any suggestions much appreciated
    Last edited by enigma; January 20th, 2007 at 11:57 PM.

I would pack a couple more nappies for the flight in case of delays ect. round it up to 20. Maybe a pillow a small one if possible or even a normal size one to use a matress across your laps for her sleeps if thats where she will be sleeping. Um I don't know what else.

Are you planning on buying nappies over there? Maybe go check out the prices of nappies over there compared to here

nappy wipes. I would also use a change mat (or cloth nappy) to put under bub on the change table. Be warned, there is not a lot of room to change a bub in airline toilets and the pull out change table is usually in an awkard position. But you'll manage!

ETA - Enigma, you might like to check out the thread "silly question?" which discusses the dangers of using baby powder. You might prefer to use cream instead?
    Last edited by MantaRay; January 21st, 2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: add info

A change of clothes for yourself in case you get anything icky on you. Yasin did a poop on a plane that leaked out of his nappy onto me once - gross!!
    They have blankets on most flights so if they're not security blankies maybe you don't need them - i just put a wrap between yasin and the plane blankets.
    If you're formula feeding you might want to have a think about how many bottles you'll need.
    You can get some brands of formula in stick packs - its much easier than measuring although SIL has a special formula carrying thingy that has compartments and you put pre-measured forumla in them.

forgot to add , we have a cot sheet and pillow case aswell - and baby bottles sterilised and ready to go
    ... and good idea Dachlostar - i didnt think of clothes for me

ETA - I read the post Melanie , thanks i was actually trying to get rid of using powder , now i have an even better reason for it
    Last edited by enigma; January 21st, 2007 at 12:00 PM.

ah yeah!! A change of clothes for you! I got vomitted all over when we landed in Auckland and had to wait until we got home in Brissy to change... I smelled soooo bad. LOL
    With the bottles, the airline will put them through a very hot dishwasher for you, so if you want you only need 2 bottles

Christy do you know if that is most airlines?? We have 10 bottles.. i was going to wash at home