Thread: jaundice

Default jaundice

Coco still has a yellowish tinge in her eyes and on her skin. She is 10 days old, and Im wondering why it hasn't gone yet. She is definitely not overly sleepy and has put on weight so is feeding ok. Is it common to last this long. She's not VERY yellow, but there is a tinge there.xo

meg oscar had breastmilk jaundice for about 6-8 weeks as did my older two boys i don't know why it lasts so long in my kids but we did get it checked out each time and they said it was nothing to worry about for us. we didn't have the jaundice poohs though (fluro yellow).

love beckles

coco has bright yellow poo!! I will take her for a check this week if it doesn't clear. xo

Emma stayed Jaundiced for a couple of weeks, but not too bad. Indirect sunlight and frequent feeding is what I was told & it just gradually got less & less....

Kam had it really badly and even after coming home we were nearly hosptialised again, but he was okay. We had to put him to sleep near a filtered sunlight window. We had a big window with just lace hanging and so the nurse said that was a perfect area, and give plently of fluids.

Hope it clears quickly for you.

Love

Thanks guys. Of course it's a cloudy day today, and cold, just when i want her in the light. Anyway, I'll give her time in the light regardless. She fed quite alot last night, so Im hoping it all helps get rid of it. Her skin doesn't seem so bad, her eyes are just a bit cloudy, I'd like them to be clear! xo

They will be soon Meg! Hope the sun comes out for you too

Both my kids were classed as jaundiced until I mentioned their Dad is coloured! The nurses then laughed & said, nope bubs is fine!!! hee hee!

Good Luck Meg...