Thread: Jolly Jumper?

Default Jolly Jumper?

Does anyone use a Jolly Jumper for their bubs? If so, what age did you start putting them in it? DS is 13 wks and I was considering getting one. My mum fostered a baby a few years ago that was obsessed with his, but i cant remember how old he was.

I have one - it says 3 months plus head control. Izzy had great head control at 3 motnhs but I still didnt feel comfortable putting her in it until about a month ago and even now I still hold her hand as she jumps like crazy and can end up spinning around so I get her to hold my hands while she jumps. Also I only have her in for 10 minutes max at a time. HtH

Thanks Tan, that helps. Tom has good neck control but probably not enough to be bouncing around like a jumping bean! Might wait a little while longer. Thanks!
    Izzy is gorgeous, by the way Em x

nixon was 3 mths when he was in his .. he loved it and never wanted to leave it ... he got hooked on it , so even when he wasnt in it , and his feet touched the ground he would bounce like he was in it .. he grew out of it by 8 mths or so ...

but its a great thing to have and you can take it almost any where ...

Thanks Lea - the baby my mum fostered was the same. When you held him he would bounce still. It was super cute and he had such strong legs. I thought it would be good exercise

It is great for their legs! Mine were three months when they started! If you feel he has good neck control, then i say give it a go. Just keep a close eye on him, I'm sure you will be able to tell if his neck is not ready for it. I think he should be fine though. Babies are smarter than a lot of people think, If he can't control his neck properly, He most likely won't jump around so much.

HTH

I just purchased one and it is great! My baby girl is nearly 5 months old and she giggles constantly while she is in it! It is good exercise for bubs and it helps to strengthen their legs!

I have just put DD in her jolly jumper this week and she is 11 weeks old!! She has great head/neck control and can even sit by herself (for a moment) now so I am confident when she is in it. She doesnt really know what to do at the moment tho LOL Kinda just sits there and turns around and may give the small 'jump'

Nic had great head control, but I didn't feel comfortable putting him in his at 3 months. I waited until he was 4 months, and he loved it. He gets excited when I move the frame over to put him in now!

I went to the Baby Expo yesterday and there are 'new' design Jolly Jumpers coming out in a month or so. Rather than having to lace up bubs, they are making them with velcro and a clip, which seems quicker to put bubs in and out of.
    I am going to wait until the 'new' design comes out.

Thanks so much for all your replies girls. It makes me more confident to get him one and as you said, he will let me know if he doesnt like it (loudly most likely!)
    Jooleshere, i am jealous that you went to the baby expo. A friend went and said it was great.

Jooleshere - I got mine for my baby shower which was in March and mine has a clip and velcro so I think you can definately get them now!