Thread: The joys of boys!

Wink The joys of boys!

Well, thought i'd share my morning with you.

Had a lovely morning in the park with a gf and her kids then got home quite early as it is a stinking 39 degrees here in Perth today. So i thought i'd quickly check my email, as was waiting for an important one, which i don't normally do while the boys are awake. So the thing had just booted up and i heard a thud and Will started really screaming a really nasty scream that i don't hear very often. He was literally 1 metre away from me and had tripped over Oscar who was lying on the floor playing and had sunk his teeth into the end of the bed which is very solid wood. Poor thing was really bleeding and when i looked i could see one of his front ones had been pushed back and there was so much blood. Typically my DH was at that moment on a plane to Canberra for the rest of the week so it was just me.

My paediatric dentist said he would see him straight away so i put them both back in the car and off we went. He had an x-ray and fortunately nothing has snapped and as he's so young his jawbone is bendy and his tooth should spring back into it's normal position within a week or two, although we have another appointment for 3 weeks time to check all ok.

So 3 weeks ago we were in Princess Margaret's hospital getting Oscar's head glued as he'd cut it open having slipped in the shower - this is the second time he's had his head glued (Landed head first onto a metal button on some shorts that were on the floor which then went into his forehead when he was around 10 months. He has also been to this dentist when he chipped a front tooth about a year ago in the park.

So what i'm saying is if all this has happened to them already - what's it gong to be like when they are say 10 and 11 and riding bikes, skate boarding, surfing, tree climbing, fighting - am i going to be on first name terms with my docs and dentists?

As the dentist said to me this morning 'you can't stop boys being boys' which made me think of sharing my wonderful boys not-so-wonderful experiences! Gotta love em.

Julie x

Enchanted Guest

Sorry Julie but I did have a giggle. I did cringe though at what happened today *ouch*!!

I have all this and more to look forward to

Oh the joy of boy's and just think I really want another one.
    Boys will be boys though glad his tooth will be ok thank goodness for rubber bones why do we grown out of those?

Just think when your boys and ruffing it up outside. I will have to girls screaming at each other about who's lip stick is who's Boy are soooooo much easier I want another boy!!!

They are such joys little boys! Sometimes with Joshua who is now 14 I used to just have to close my eyes and cringe and try not to tell him too much to "watch out", "be careful", "don't do that" etc as when it comes down to it they learn by their mistakes... if only they weren't so painful!!

Joshua fell out of the car when trying to get out when he was around 4 and had blood gushing from his head... raced off to emergency but nothing to worry about.... then at around 5/6 he came off his scooter whilst riding downhill on the pathway and OMG did he SCREAM that blood curdling scream and poor little tyke had scraped all the top off his butt and lower back... ummm then around 7 he full on hit his forehead (mind you after me telling him to settle down) on the corner of the solid wood arm of the futon lounge and yup blood curdling scream and had a HUGE dent the shape of the corner of the arm in his forehead. He has chipped his tooth whilst skateboarding a couple of years ago, usually has some form of sore or scar somewhere from skateboarding or coming off his bike... mmmmm yep, boys will be boys and nope you don't stop closing your eyes and cringing!!

Ps... hope Will is feeling better!

Oh i hear you! Charlie hit his mouth on a ceramic bowl last night and there was blood everywhere coming from this front teeth.

I hope Will is feeling a bit better now.

Should have said - Will seems fine now though - was playing well when we got back from the dentists and had a soft Tuna mayo sandwich (no crusts though) for lunch and is now asleep so it doesn't seem to be bothering him, bless him

Julie x

all this to look forward to.....
    and judging my ds's father, i think my little man's going to be a terror!
    glad your boy is doing ok now julie

Yep, like Gracie, I too have this to look forward to. I'm starting to wonder whether keeping him in here until he's 21 might not be such a bad idea...

Glad that little Will is much better now Julie!

Oh, Julie, you poor love, your boys are going through the wars.

My DH got into so many scrapes as a boy I think I'm going to end up in and out of hospital too, at least I already know most of the doctors! They are tough little mites and at least they won't remember all of this.

OMG you're scaring me!

Toby is already so rough and full on, he literally hurtles his way through his days and he's so physical and vocal compared to emily...and he's only 13 months!! Every day he does something potentially damaging to himself or his sister and DH and I just look at eachother in pure fear of what our lives will be like once he can actually walk...good grief!

I'm glad your little men will live to fight another day...these boys, omg they'll put us in an early grave!

Julie, I'm so glad Will is doing fine! They really are tougher than we think sometimes.

Flea... lol @ early grave... but they LOVE their mum's!! I love the cuddles from my boys

I will have to girls screaming at each other about who's lip stick is who's
    - PMSL Tali - i can imagine!

Cass - Joshua's escapades sounds like what i will expect! Nightmare!

Antheia - Hope Charlies ok after his bowl munching

Suse -
    I'm starting to wonder whether keeping him in here until he's 21 might not be such a bad idea...
    - LMAO, certainly easier protecting them from themselves in there! Think you might be a tad uncomfy though!

Thanks too for everyone elses comments. Will seems fine today and slept well although i gave him some nurofen at 7pm then at 5am as he was trying to wake.

Not to do with the kids but my day got a whole lot worse yesterday too <gets the violin out>
    Kids were at the table having their tea when a huge window onto our patio shattered in the heat! It stayed put, just cracking for about 10 minutes then started to fall out. My landlady and her DH came over and helped so much and got a man out to fix it - he left about 10.30pm and i was up till 11.30pm hoovering and mopping as i was so worried it would get in the kids feet. It's still all over outside but i'm too tired to deal with it just now, maybe later when they are in bed tonight.

Will stop whining now!

Hope you are all having a good day

Julie x

OMG PlonkeeMumma- that's not whining - that's scary! It must have been a hot day in Perth yesterday!

Oh Julie I can only imagine what it's like with two! My one is enough at the moment

Our boy is super-adventurous (encouraged by dad of course!) - that is why whenever Flynn wakes me up in the middle of the night screaming I think to myself "at least I know where he is" LOL!!