Thread: Jumpsuits with hoods

Default Jumpsuits with hoods

Zander got some gorgeous jumpsuits for winter except they all have hoods. I'm assuming it would be dangerous for him to wear them to bed as the hood would probably pose a suffocating risk?? Has anyone heard of this?

It's crazy cos he has all these cute things to wear out of an evening when it gets cold, but when we get home I would have to change him into his pyjamas...

I've never been a fan of kids clothes with hoods either. Lindsay got a dressing gown with a hood on it and he hated it. I always put them to bed in their dressing gowns during winter too and didn't like the idea of him sleeping in that. I don't know if they would suffocate, but I worry mnore about it getting twisted up around their head/neck.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Could you tuck it in down the back Sarah?? Then he can still wear the suit but the hood isn't a danger.

Kimberley used to have a couple of really nice ones and i would only let her wear them during the day time. I wouldn't trust them at night.

Sarah, I think he's be fine during the day time or evening when he's awake, maybe you could change him into his PJs at his last feed (hmm he's older than Milo though, so not sure if its late enough?).

Thats what we do, as Milo has got some too, with the added complication that one is polar fleece, so he definately only gets this one in the day time.

I just tuck them down the back of the jumper or shirt which ever shes wearing, ive never had a problem doing it that way

I pulled the stitches out of Matilda's last winter & added buttons so I could detach the hood at bedtime.

I'm not a fan of jumpsuits with hoods either. I've had some given to me in the past and really didn't use them much. I tucked the hoods down the back as well but thought that may be uncomfortable like that.
    They look so cute though!

Isn't it funny how they make them and yet most mums seem afraid to put their babies in them. I myself stay away from them, its not that cold here to need a hood on anyway, never mind the fear factor I have.

I was given a Tigger suit with a hood (ears) for DS and it still has the tags on it, I just couldn't put him in it.

Funny you should mention them Sarah. I just bought one of the ones without hoods because I wasn't sure about the sleeping issue either. Tucking the hood down the back sounds like a good idea though.

You've all got me worried now as I've just put Louis to sleep in his hooded thomas the tank engine polar fleece all in one...........

The funny thing is he always sleeps great when he's in it. I got it in the pj section at target......He just seems so cosy in it.

Is it really that bad???

Christy that's a good idea, unstitching then putting buttons on - I think that will be my project before it gets too cold!

Inspiral, one of the suits he has is a Winne The Pooh one with ears!

Krisvee I'm not sure, that's why I had to post!!

I've wondered about this too! We've got a cute little outfit with a hood Emma hasnt worn yet as its still too big & the suffocation risk scares me, but have also found that a few times in the car she has started screaming & I've found that her hat has slipped down over her eyes & it has really upset her. So that is the other reason I wouldnt do it.

I do like the idea of tucking it down the back though!

Quote Originally Posted by christy
    I pulled the stitches out of Matilda's last winter & added buttons so I could detach the hood at bedtime.
    T'hat's a great idea!

hmmm...I don't understand how a hood at the back could suffocate a bubba...It's behind his head.....

I guess if it twists around over thye face it could. :-k I've got Em in one tonight & I've just tucked it down the back & it will be fine.