Thread: just a quick querie

Default just a quick querie

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, what is a good age to be taking my DD out of her cot & into a little bed of her own??
    She is only 16months now & i think thats to early, but i am due to have another baby 19/2/07 & would like to put the new baby in her cot. Is it to young to put her in a bed at around 20-21 month or should i do it earlier??

Some of the kids in my mum's group were in big beds from aorund 16 months & they've had no problems. I think Fi put Jenna into a big bed around 16 months as well.... I'm sure she'll pop in & let you know.

cool thanks sarah

I've not got Alex in to a big bed yet but will do in the next few weeks. I am able to take the sides off my cot so he has been like that for about a month so he gets used to getting in and out of bed and also he is used to having nothing aorund him.

Well i think i'll def go get her a bed on the w/end now

DF thinks shes going to get out & start playing with her toys or something lol
    I doubt that tho she sleeps through from like 6pm - 6am or 7am everynight.

I got an adjustable bed from Ikea ... it can have both ends up to begin with and then you can lower one or both ends. It is a lot lower than a normal bed and Asha has never had a problem with it. We have just lowered the foot end and know she has a quilt with a Dora quilt cover and she loves bed!!!

Good luck

CHeers

Matilda went in at 16 months and to be honest it seemed a bit early, it took around 2 months to adjust for her but she has always had sleep issues so we knew it would take longer. She went into the cot because she was climbing in & out of the cot and it was getting dangerous. You have time though if it doesn't work now, you can try again in a month & it may be easier for Mya to understand things then.

Thanks for all the tips & advice guys. I might get the bed & like Christy said if it doesn't work yet i can put her back in the cot & try again in a month or so

Thanks again