Thread: Keeping hats on

Default Keeping hats on

Kynan's getting pretty good at not pulling his hat off every 2 minutes but has anyone figured out how to get a hat to stay on in windy weather? It gets extremely windy very often where we live, even on otherwise hot & sunny days, and short of stapling the hat onto his head I'm not sure what to do LOL! He loves running around outside and isn't bothered by all the cold wind so I've just been slathering on the sunscreen and leaving off the hat when it won't stay on.

yeah thats all i can think of too, even if you sew an elastic strap onto his current hat? My daughter wears her hat that has a strap underneath her chin which velcroes up

Ohhh good thinking! I'll have to keep an eye out for something like that & try sewing if I can't find anything... although Kynan would probably just about strangle himself when he tries to take his hat off and then put it on again... he is very particular about how he puts his hat on LOL. Hehehe velcro... he'd love that and would be undoing it all the time to hear the ripping noise!

As well as the strap those legionares hats with the cap on front and neck bit at the back are harder to blow off.

Angel try pumpkin patch they have one with string to use so the hat stays on. Not that it works with Alex as he loves to take hats off also.

Angel.....I have sewn elastic on Charlie's hats to keep them on......he has a huge mop of hair and I think he thinks he doesn't need a hat.......even with the elastic it took him about a week of trying for him to realise it wasn't going to come off, LOL, but now I notice neither the wind or himself tries to take the hats off....

Yup we have resorted to the tie up hats for Kaitlyn!